Jeep Wrangler Vent Switch Pod

97ColoradoTJ

For those interested, I finally moved my locker switches to the center vent location. I have always found HVAC vents (other than floor vents) in a Jeep unnecessary. Using this space for switches seemed optimal.

IMG_0464 (1).jpg

In short, I love the position for switches, especially for lockers and lighting. In my application, the vent pod design does not account for depth of switch connections...and the factory vent duct and bracket may need to be modified.

Vent pod:
https://www.extremeterrain.com/rugged-ridge-black-ac-vent-tj-172355.html

Reactions: JeepZilla380
Looks good! I don't have enough switches on mine, otherwise I might consider it!

For those interested, I finally moved my locker switches to the center vent location. I have always found HVAC vents (other than floor vents) in a Jeep unnecessary. Using this space for switches seemed optimal.

View attachment 70336
In short, I love the position for switches, especially for lockers and lighting. In my application, the vent pod design does not account for depth of switch connections...and the factory vent duct and bracket may need to be modified.

Vent pod:
https://www.extremeterrain.com/rugged-ridge-black-ac-vent-tj-172355.html

I’ve always wondered, but never cared enough to look in to it, but can the vents still be rotated up and down? I would think not.

Here in GA, I run the AC blowing directly at my face most of the summer, but need to be able to aim it elsewhere the rest of the year.

Reactions: JeepZilla380
I’ve always wondered, but never cared enough to look in to it, but can the vents still be rotated up and down? I would think not.

Here in GA, I run the AC blowing directly at my face most of the summer, but need to be able to aim it elsewhere the rest of the year.
They are fixed. I have one in the driver's side vent. It's a pretty clean solution for more switches.
ea6d093cc02c66b901833fa06c192dfb.jpg