Jeep's New Inline 6 Cylinder

If you ignore that the most popular engines, the most produced engines don't come close to that.

Are you referring to the ones that are gradually being discontinued in favor of 500cc/cylinder models? Cause if you look at the engine offerings of today vs 5 years ago, that's where the industry is going.

I don't really see 4.0 V8 engines anywhere but I get what you are saying. Let's say we kinda disagree and I think that's excellent.
Think premium German brands. Indeed their V8s are around 4.0L and in most cases with forced induction. Turbocharged or Supercharged, depending on the make.

Reactions: freedom_in_4low
Happy new year!

No arguing here. As explained above, perhaps it even more evident in my case since to own a Jeep is relatively more expensive than in the States. Plus, I’m surrounded by 30something beemer-loving friends! 😂

Happy to see an other fellow Greek in the TJ Forum, having the same struggles with our Jeep addictions and the non-logical Greek/European taxes.

*Happy New Year! I wish luck and health to everyone! Enjoy a rocky/muddy/snowy 2022 :)

Reactions: Kon
Ford had a 300 straight 6 , was a great engine . Jeeps straight 6 is all I need . Simple to work on and trouble free .

Reactions: Zorba
I don't really see 4.0 V8 engines anywhere but I get what you are saying. Let's say we kinda disagree and I think that's excellent.

It admittedly becomes less common in larger sizes because a lot of larger American engines would be 10 and 12 cylinders and those are expensive and don't have the characteristics desired by people shopping for Challengers and half ton pickup trucks.

I think it'll become more popular over here as emission regulations continue to force smaller displacements with turbo direct injection. When Germany started implementing that tech is when it really started ballooning over there, though there were earlier examples there and from Toyota.

Reactions: Kon