JK or TJ?

Do you think the guy who has it now is a forum member? I bet it got a coat of paint and went south of the border almost immediately.
Fishtaco maybe? ;) I picture it in Mexico with 22"chrome wheels, flames painted over the Goodyear decals, shag carpet throughout and fuzzy dice hanging from the rearview mirror. It has to blend in there. 🥺

Reactions: Feralkid
The 3.6 has pretty severe problems, the heads fail on the early ones. The 3.8 burns oil, they all have their issues like anything. There is no best year just like the TJ.

Fishtaco maybe? ;) I picture it in Mexico with 22"chrome wheels, flames painted over the Goodyear decals, shag carpet throughout and fuzzy dice hanging from the rearview mirror. It has to blend in there. 🥺
Purple with green flames and a picture of the virgin hanging from the mirror

• Haha
Reactions: TheBoogieman
What is a JK?

IMG_3288 copy.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Maybe but law enforcement said the Mexican drug cartels like to steal Jeeps & other worthy 4x4 vehicles to get around their back country operations.
Not yours tho, they had fun in yours. Probably picked up hookers and had all kinds of fun in your jeep.

I have only owned my 99 TJ for six months, and I really like it. Here in Sarasota there are new, and newer Jeeps everywhere. I mean everywhere like one out of every ten vehicles. They are all covered in aftermarket everything. I would choose almost anything valued at fifty grand over one simply because of what a Jeep should be. The owners seem like wannabe players, and tough guys. I think the dream is to move to Sarasota. Pay massive rent, and then tattoo up to the max. I'll take my farmtruck looking TJ

KIMG1086[1270].JPG

KIMG1085[1271].JPG

I've had both. Had a 2012 JKU and traded it for an 06 LJ.

For DD and highway driving, the 4 door was better. For wheeling the LJ is better. You really have to choose one or the other.

Old 4 door:

JKU.jpg

LJ:

20211111_131250.jpg

I have both, 2015 jku and 2004 tj. If I'm driving the freeway for more than just a few miles I drive the jk. For all local driving and short freeway trips I take the tj. The Tj is much more fun to drive.

I'd buy an LJ Rubicon if money was no object but I drive a lot of Jeeps at work daily, so I'd take a TJ over them, but we should be getting the new 2 door JL wranglers soon, so IDK. But We get plenty of JKs that come through with lots of problems.