JKS track bar bushing recommendation

06lj

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
I'm getting ready to install JKS ogs128 front track bar. It comes with a poly bushing for the axle side. I have seen it recommended on other bars to replace the poly bushing with a pressed in Moog OEM style bushing. Is this still preferable to the JKS bushing?
If so am I correct that I will need Moog #K7252 since my axle bracket has been drilled out to 9/16 or will I still have enough clamping force to use Moog #K3147 with a 10mm bolt?

Thanks!

Reactions: Woodrow
I have the same bar arriving later this week, hopefully. So I’m also interested to know what the experts think on this topic.

You need the K7252 if the track bar accepts it- clamping force or not I’d also want the 9/16 bolt - the bar moves when the axle does-it allows more torque as well. I run the k7252 in both ends of my Rough Country track bar- works well.

Last edited:
You need the K7252 if the track bar accepts it- clamping force or not I’d also want the 9/16 bolt - which allows more torque as well. I run the k7252 in both ends of my Rough Country track bar- works well.
Thanks! I read through your Track bar adventures thread many times.
The ring of the JKS measured at 1.5" so I am pretty sure that the Moog bushing should fit. Moog claims the outside diameter is 38.8mm. If I'm wrong it's only $10. I wasted far more on Jeep parts that didn't work as planned.

Thanks! I read through your Track bar adventures thread many times.
The ring of the JKS measured at 1.5" so I am pretty sure that the Moog bushing should fit. Moog claims the outside diameter is 38.8mm. If I'm wrong it's only $10. I wasted far more on Jeep parts that didn't work as planned.
Cool, i ll but it and pay shipping if it doesnt fit - handy to have

Reactions: 06lj
Here is the final update.
The Moog K7525 bushing does fit the JKS OGS128 track bar. I don't have an extensive shop so it took a little bit of mixing and matching to find some usable adapters for my ball joint press. Once I did I managed to get it seated without difficulty. The JKS supplied bolt is 1/2" and was loose in the bushing. I picked up a 14mm at Ace and it was a perfect fit. Many thanks to @AndyG for advice and his other relevant thread.
20211215_133701.jpg
20211215_133630.jpg

Here is the final update.
The Moog K7525 bushing does fit the JKS OGS128 track bar. I don't have an extensive shop so it took a little bit of mixing and matching to find some usable adapters for my ball joint press. Once I did I managed to get it seated without difficulty. The JKS supplied bolt is 1/2" and was loose in the bushing. I picked up a 14mm at Ace and it was a perfect fit. Many thanks to @AndyG for advice and his other relevant thread.
View attachment 296450View attachment 296452
The 1/2" bolt would have been sufficient.

Reactions: 06lj and Woodrow
Reason Woodrow mentioned this is because grade 8 bolts are significantly stronger than standard bolts. ACE does sell them tho, so it’s possible you purchased one…