JLUR owners what are your thoughts so far?

It definitely looks cool…but the louvers are nonfunctional. There’s not even a hole.
That's kind of like Barry manilow's big hit song.. I write the songs.

He didn't write that.

Ive had my JL Rubicon for one year now. 7000 miles. Zero issues. I bought the TJ a few weeks ago as a project. Lovin them both!

IMG_0034.jpg

Ive had my JL Rubicon for one year now. 7000 miles. Zero issues. I bought the TJ a few weeks ago as a project. Lovin them both!

View attachment 83129
They both look great.

we have an exciting new Forum program exclusively for TJ/ JL owners.

We actually pick up and drive and wheel your JL for a year and post glowing reviews on the TJ forum in order to broaden its acceptance and try to change the mindset of TJ current owners against prejudice towards any new models.

We can send the car hauler , all we need is three likes to this post to sign you up.

They both look great.

we have an exciting new Forum program exclusively for TJ/ JL owners.

We actually pick up and drive and wheel your JL for a year and post glowing reviews on the TJ forum in order to broaden its acceptance and try to change the mindset of TJ current owners against prejudice towards any new models.

We can send the car hauler , all we need is three likes to this post to sign you up.
So close...

Awesome , Chris line up the car hauler , we got a taker! Be sure they sign the damage waiver this time .

Next month we're going to have the drive my Rubicon for a Day contest... It's going to be fantastic.

The catch is it's just not going to be my Rubicon.

We should be proud that this is a forum that involves its members.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: psrivats
. Absolutely. I ordered it the first day it was available.
Mine was a Christmas gift from my hubby! I have 2700 miles on it so far. And now I'm teaching my 18yo to drive before she heads to college. I would have loved to learn on a brand new 2 door Jeep versus the 3 on a tree F150!

Reactions: Capt'n
Mine was a Christmas gift from my hubby! I have 2700 miles on it so far. And now I'm teaching my 18yo to drive before she heads to college. I would have loved to learn on a brand new 2 door Jeep versus the 3 on a tree F150!
Ha! Seriously funny. 3 on the Tree... memories ... 55 Chevy pickup was my first ride. :) The JL is a dream machine...

Reactions: Artemis
As the former owner of a 2012 JKUR who learned from an expensive mistake, I wont get tricked by eye candy again. IF I decide to get one, it will be 2 to 3 years down the road, after most of the QC issues are worked out.

If Toyota made anything close to the JL, I would be very interested.

As the former owner of a 2012 JKUR who learned from an expensive mistake, I wont get tricked by eye candy again. IF I decide to get one, it will be 2 to 3 years down the road, after most of the QC issues are worked out.

If Toyota made anything close to the JL, I would be very interested.
I highly doubt Toyota would/could build a solid front axle competitor to put up against the JL. Jeep has been perfecting the Wrangler for so long its a bit late to try to compete with them right now.

We know what happened to the FJ...which was close....? At least on the road. I thought the JK was going the way of urban commuter like the FJ and would suck offroad. Unlike the FJ, the JK and JL prove themselves offroad over and over again.

I highly doubt Toyota would/could build a solid front axle competitor to put up against the JL. Jeep has been perfecting the Wrangler for so long its a bit late to try to compete with them right now.

We know what happened to the FJ...which was close....? At least on the road. I thought the JK was going the way of urban commuter like the FJ and would suck offroad. Unlike the FJ, the JK and JL prove themselves offroad over and over again.
Yeah I dont think Toyota is headed that direction anytime soon, unfortunately. Which means I'll be driving my old Jeep for quite awhile.

I own an FJ, it is GREAT on the highway and decent offroad, but certainly no match for the LJ. The visibility out of it (looking forward) is quite limited and causes more issues for me than the IFS does. The FJ, with a straight axle and some additional design refinement, would be a beast offroad.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
Yeah I dont think Toyota is headed that direction anytime soon, unfortunately. Which means I'll be driving my old Jeep for quite awhile.

I own an FJ, it is GREAT on the highway and decent offroad, but certainly no match for the LJ. The visibility out of it (looking forward) is quite limited and causes more issues for me than the IFS does. The FJ, with a straight axle and some additional design refinement, would be a beast offroad.
Toyota need to steal Jeep engineers and designers if they wanna build something to compete.

They hit the mark and tried to get ahead of the game with the FJ by recruiting a 24 year old desiginer so that it appealed to the younger crowd. But it wasnt enough once the Jeep JK was released.

If Toyota would build a removable top 4x4, they wouldn't be able to keep them on the lots, solid axle or not. But they never will.

The 4.0L Toyota engine, both the Tacoma & 4Runner versions, are the best thing they ever did. They've done away with it in the Tacoma, but still using it in the T4R. 4Runner owners are dreading the day it's gone.

My auto 4.0L Tacoma is the best driving vehicle I've ever owned.

Interesting idea. Woud you say the same thing if the FJ was re released with a removable top?
The FJ, with a removable top, would be a different animal. When I test drove some a few years ago, I could not get past that huge blind spot in the right rear. The vehicle ran and drove great, just felt claustrophobic. A removable/soft top would eliminate that feeling IMO. They'd also have to eliminate the rear-opening rear doors also.

But, again, Toyota will never do anything like that. In the snowball's chance they might, one could only hope it wouldn't be by raising the FJ cruiser from the dead.