Johnny Joint Washer Fitment

taylormade73

Wob Free
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
@mrblaine do I just grind down the uneven middle edges so the oval from the JJ washer fits?

20191115_170438_HDR.jpg

20191115_170448_HDR.jpg

If that warped edge is preventing the washer from fitting... I would file it down carefully.

I've got the washers from mrblaine too, but my elongated holes were very clean

Reactions: taylormade73
So...if the hole looks like that I'm guessing the control arm bolt was not tight enough for at least a little while?

So...if the hole looks like that I'm guessing the control arm bolt was not tight enough for at least a little while?
Always tight as long as I've had it. I changed out the control arms a couple months ago and the arms were tight then with cam bolts. When I removed them a couple days ago, they were still torqued properly. If them not being tight was the cause, it was a long time ago.

Reactions: 707kevin
Always tight as long as I've had it. I changed out the control arms a couple months ago and the arms were tight then with cam bolts. When I removed them a couple days ago, they were still torqued properly. If them not being tight was the cause, it was a long time ago.

Yeah, must have been at some point. Just trying to imagine what else could cause that.

You'll love the new arms.

Reactions: L J and oldjeepman
@Jerry Bransford Just double checking that the Savvy CA torque specs I'm using are correct: lowers 90 ft lbs. and uppers 60 ft lbs.? Even though the factory arms are 130 and 55, respectively?

FWIW, the Currie washer for the front control arms deformed when I installed my Currie Control Arms. I purchased some aftermarket washers that are much thicker to replace the Currie washers. I well satisfied with the Currie Control arms/ Johnny Joints on my TJ.

I'm getting ready to install a set of (used) Savvy rear CAs. I have no instructions or hardware. Anyone have any installation info they can share? Torque, bolt size, etc.

I'm getting ready to install a set of (used) Savvy rear CAs. I have no instructions or hardware. Anyone have any installation info they can share? Torque, bolt size, etc.
This is from Currie: upper bolts 7/16" bolts 60ft/lbs and lower arms 9/16" bolts 90ft/lbs