Jounce Bumper Question...

Breto31

TJ Enthusiast
I should preface this post with this statement - everything I know about bump stops I have learned in the last 2 days from this forum....

I was just doing some inspections on my TJ and I noticed that my front/passenger side bump stop looked off-center. It appears to be pushed forward (towards the front of my keep) rather than centered within the coil spring. The front/driver side looks to be centered. I’ve got a 4” Zone suspension lift.

Is this something I should concern myself with, or just let it ride? I have no noticeable issues - I just saw this and thought it looked odd.

25344697-33A8-43B1-9308-3999429502D6.jpeg

93374CEA-3AE5-4EA4-A489-830329F2A0D2.jpeg

That’s not bump stop, those are your jounce bumpers.

As to why one is more forward than the other, maybe your axle is not centered under the vehicle. Does it have adjustable control arms?

Well, turns out I didn’t learn much of anything, I guess.... It doesn’t have adjustable control arms yet, but it will on Saturday. I’ve got some Core 4x4 adjustable arms delivering Thursday.

Once I put those on you’re thinking the right arm needs to be adjusted to be a little longer than the current one is?

Well, turns out I didn’t learn much of anything, I guess.... It doesn’t have adjustable control arms yet, but it will on Saturday. I’ve got some Core 4x4 adjustable arms delivering Thursday.

Once I put those on you’re thinking the right arm needs to be adjusted to be a little longer than the current one is?
Make sure to square the axles to the frame. If the bump stop mount isn't pointing at the axle pad, try smacking it with a big hammer. Close enough is good enough.

Reactions: Breto31 and Irun