July week tune-up: What should I get?

penk

TJ Enthusiast
Hey veryone. I'm goign to take my july 4th week off work to do some tuning on Ol Yeller. There's a bunch of basic work I'll be doing (horn, headlight switches, wiper motors, etc), but on my last drive out, I heard a quick stall / stutter that wasn't normal. It didn't throw any codes (no check engine that is), but it made me a little nervous.

I figure it's time to do some basic tuneup / maintenance. I'd like suggestions on what I should be doing...

I figure the basics shoudl be an oil drain and filter change, new plug wires, air filter... I doubt any of this has been done in years (maybe the oil change / filter - notebook says yes).

What else?

I promise to post pictures on my build page as I work on it :)

Hey veryone. I'm goign to take my july 4th week off work to do some tuning on Ol Yeller. There's a bunch of basic work I'll be doing (horn, headlight switches, wiper motors, etc), but on my last drive out, I heard a quick stall / stutter that wasn't normal. It didn't throw any codes (no check engine that is), but it made me a little nervous.

I figure it's time to do some basic tuneup / maintenance. I'd like suggestions on what I should be doing...

I figure the basics shoudl be an oil drain and filter change, new plug wires, air filter... I doubt any of this has been done in years (maybe the oil change / filter - notebook says yes).

What else?

I promise to post pictures on my build page as I work on it :)
Front/rear Diff and transfer case fluid change. Maybe throttle body cleaning, nice thread on here about that. Cooling system flush or overhaul. All that with your basics should keep you busy 👍🏻

All fluids? Radiator flush, replace transmission fluid, gear oil, engine oil, brake system flush, blinker fluid, and add some wiper fluid.

Spark plugs? All new mopar sensors.... I can go on 🤣

Reactions: Goatman and EJD
All fluids? Radiator flush, replace transmission fluid, gear oil, engine oil, brake system flush, blinker fluid, and add some wiper fluid.

Spark plugs? All new mopar sensors.... I can go on 🤣

Blinker Fluid. Funny guy.

I may not have the gear / equipment to do transmission fluid and diff. I can probably do the rest myself though, i guess it's finally time to get a decent pan / oil collector.

I was thinking of plugs and plug wires though.

Thanks muchly!

Reactions: Alex01
Clean the throttle body IAC. Nice how to thread on here about that. Buy a grease gun and grease all the zerks.

Remove the 3rd cat.

Rotate and balance your tires.

Thanks Chris! I actually did one of my O2 sensors a year or so ago (see my build page) - no codes or warnings on the others. Given how much of a pain in the ass it was getting the old one out, I think I'll wait until I get code warnings before tackling them again :)

Thanks for the info on the spark plugs!

• Haha
Reactions: Chris and Alex01