Just got this ARB deflator

CptnMurica

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I just got this new toy in the mail 😀. Who has this? Seemed to be the way to go. How ya like it. I have to figure out how it works now.
Tell me about it if ya want. Or did I waste my money? Lol

095ECD6D-5462-4F0C-A85E-A377CD61C705.jpeg

Coyotes are nice from a set it and forget it perspective - but I've found them to be somewhat inconsistent since we change so much altitude here. I keep meaning to try to calibrate them again to see if that'll fix it or not.

I usually use my currie branded, but really the same, deflator

Reactions: L J and CptnMurica
Should ask before buying.

I have both that and the coyotes. Coyotes are my favorite but if I need to adjust pressures the ARB style is very nice.
Seemed nice. But a bit different than the old pencil one I got that only went down to 20 wasn’t working.

I've owned mine for years and it has worked well. I've never lost a valve stem--that's a real plus (even though you should have a few stashed in the jeep somewhere). I've stayed with it because I air down to different amounts for different conditions. Sand? High speed desert? Slickrock? Snow? I'm usually trying to air down the least amount that achieves the performance that I want. If I always knew that I wanted 10 PSI then the Staun's approach would be quicker and work better.

I've owned mine for years and it has worked well. I've never lost a valve stem--that's a real plus (even though you should have a few stashed in the jeep somewhere). I've stayed with it because I air down to different amounts for different conditions. Sand? High speed desert? Slickrock? Snow? I'm usually trying to air down the least amount that achieves the performance that I want. If I always knew that I wanted 10 PSI then the Staun's approach would be quicker and work better.
I’ll get some valve stems. That’s solid. Ty!

I don't have one of those, but I did consider it before I bought the Coyotes. They are really two different devices. The Coyotes are just pressure relief valves tuned to a set pressure. I have barely used mine, and so far, I'm not impressed with the accuracy/repeatability of them. I do need to use them a bit before I make a final judgment, though.

On the other hand, the ARB type deflator is simply a pressure gauge with the addition of a device that allows you to remove the valve stem, internally, to allow a faster deflation, and then reinstall it without loosing air. Not really that complicated.

Reactions: CptnMurica
I have one but it’s kind of a hassle working around my locking hubs.
And tried those auto deflators but very inconsistent.
So I went a different route and got some air tank drain valves that I drilled and tapped
on the opposite side of the valve stem.
And I just clip my air gauge to the valve stem then open the drain valve.
Let out what I want, close it tight and wheel on.

I have one but it’s kind of a hassle working around my locking hubs.
And tried those auto deflators but very inconsistent.
So I went a different route and got some air tank drain valves that I drilled and tapped
on the opposite side of the valve stem.
And I just clip my air gauge to the valve stem then open the drain valve.
Let out what I want, close it tight and wheel on.
Right on. Making it work.

Reactions: alittleoff
I just got this new toy in the mail 😀. Who has this? Seemed to be the way to go. How ya like it. I have to figure out how it works now.
Tell me about it if ya want. Or did I waste my money? Lol

View attachment 315912
That's a GREAT deflator, I have tossed all my other deflators including my set of Coyotes in the trash.

Screw the base all the way down all the way around the stem threads, then push and hold the center valve stem rod while rotating it a tad to get it locked onto the valve stem. Then while holding it against the valve stem, unscrew the valve stem completely, you'll hear the air starting to escape. Make sure it's unscrewed all the way. The deflator will hold the valve inside. Then pull the largest brass part, the lowest part, outward to open the big holes underneath it and the air will gush out. Push that part back in to stop the air flow to make air pressure checks then pull it back out again until it's at the right pressure. Then screw the valve stem all the way in and unscrew the main threads from the valve.

Coyotes were easier but they don't remove the valve stem so it's a slow air down process... though I realize you can still drive while airing down.

Coyotes were easier but they don't remove the valve stem so it's a slow air down process... though I realize you can still drive while airing down.
I've found that between the coyotes or valve core deflator they're about the same amount of time. Slower, but doing all 4 simultaneously.

That's a GREAT deflator, I have tossed all my other deflators including my set of Coyotes in the trash.

Screw the base all the way down all the way around the stem threads, then push and hold the center valve stem rod while rotating it a tad to get it locked onto the valve stem. Then while holding it against the valve stem, unscrew the valve stem completely, you'll hear the air starting to escape. Make sure it's unscrewed all the way. The deflator will hold the valve inside. Then pull the largest brass part, the lowest part, outward to open the big holes underneath it and the air will gush out. Push that part back in to stop the air flow to make air pressure checks then pull it back out again until it's at the right pressure. Then screw the valve stem all the way in and unscrew the main threads from the valve.

I’m am gonna give it test runs at the house to get used to it prior to heading out Saturday. Make sure I’m good. Really looking forward to 12lbs or so. Gonna be less slipping going on over here!