Kanati Mud Hog or Patagonia tires?

I was in the tire industry for years and agree with everything you say.

One of my favorite tires was always the SSR, but disagree with the TRXUS MT being a good tire.

I think it was one of the worst mud tires I ever had on my FJ40 and my 01 tj.

They wore so damn fast, barely got 25k out of them. They also weren't that great in the mud. They would tend to clog up easily. I attibute that to the tread block being a little to tight.

SSR's I would constantly get 40k out of them, but they took a ton of weight, and never liked staying balanced.

The plain jane Swamper TSL bias or radial was a great mud tire, except with the lack of siping which made for fun driving in the rain.

I would still be running Swampers but Interco is kinda out of touch with their pricing. They are usually around $100.00 more per tire than their competitors ( BFG, GY,MT).

Currently running M/T Baja MTZ-P3. I went through several sets before I got 4 that would not take a TON of weight and would Roadforce within spec.

They seem ok, but man they are loud A/F on the highway. They have about 15k on them and show minimal wear.
We never had that issue with the trxus mt but it's definitely air sensitive. Very.

As far as the ultimate off road tire IMO...
The Swamper TSL/SX is the pinnacle of all off road tires.
Absolutely positively the toughest tire and its not even close. Mud traction is right there like the original TSL but with an added side cleat.

I seldom recommend them on here as a lot of people would piss their pants over them being bias ply. It's negligible on a light Jeep but you know....someone told someone who told someone else...that told the neighbor...who told me at the fence row as we stopped the mowers to bullshit that bias tires suck. So you know that makes it completely concrete so!!🙄🙄

The Patagonia does fine for me, on a mostly trailered Jeep that sees mostly dry dirt and rock. And I've ran all the tires. :) They suck on anything wet, but are very quiet. Don't last long on the road either. Look like a copy of the old Kelly Safari. Duratrac would be a better option in that style of tire.

I have them on my JK, but only because my buddy races on them and is a dealer (King of the Hammer take-offs). They are an import tire, and are priced and perform as such.

My favorite is Nitto Terra Grappler for the PNW.

View attachment 242149
I assume since they're race take-offs they're the sticky version? There was a guy at Reiter couple months back seemed to be doing quite well on the rocks with sticky version even with water.

I assume since they're race take-offs they're the sticky version? There was a guy at Reiter couple months back seemed to be doing quite well on the rocks with sticky version even with water.
No, not these. They only allowed Black label starting this year, that's why I have these almost new 37s on the JK.

Reactions: B00mb00m