Kenda and Nexen tires

Not me! I was happy with my KO2s and was going to get KM3's but they were back ordered 8 weeks and the Coopers were 5 days out. The cooper's haven given me a good reason not to like them, but I'll still likely go back to BFG next time even if for no other reason that the Coopers are spec'd about 0.6" wider section width and I'd like to get some of my turning radius back if I can.
I think you’re saying the same thing though😆....You were still ready to go to a different type of tire and that’s exactly what I was up to after the KO2 which is just fantastic- I’m just having a little fun with you.

I will probably go back with the Mickey Thompson MTZ’s, I am really liking the ones I got from @AndyG they balanced out great!!!!
Those are what I usually put on all of my Jeeps. I really liked my Dick Cepek Extreme Country tires on my XJ though. I got the $200 instant rebate and paid $595 for all four 33x12.50s shipped. I would buy them in 35s if I can get that deal again.
p.s. Ignore the stray cat bed under the Jeep. 🤫 I miss my 99' XJ.
XJ BEST.jpg

Last edited:
I have about 6k on a set of 35x10.5x17 Kenda Klever RT’s. Two of the 5 took less than a 1/4 ounce of weights to balance and the other 3 were less than 1/2 ounce. They ride well. It’s a soft top LJ so road noise is what it is although these are not any louder than other hybrid A/T’s that I have heard. They hold the bead on a 9” rim at 12 PSI and seem to clean well enough in mud. They aren’t Nitto’s or BFG’s, but they were less than $200/tire delivered to my door and they were in stock.

I have about 6k on a set of 35x10.5x17 Kenda Klever RT’s. Two of the 5 took less than a 1/4 ounce of weights to balance and the other 3 were less than 1/2 ounce. They ride well. It’s a soft top LJ so road noise is what it is although these are not any louder than other hybrid A/T’s that I have heard. They hold the bead on a 9” rim at 12 PSI and seem to clean well enough in mud. They aren’t Nitto’s or BFG’s, but they were less than $200/tire delivered to my door and they were in stock.

I really like the 35x10.5 proportions so Kendas have been on my radar. Have you tried airing down lower? Does it even bulge at 12? I used to run 31x10.5 at 12. My 35x12.5x15 look better around 6-8.

No. My automatic air downs are set at 12 from the set of Nittos I had on a previous JKU and they are somewhat of a pain in the butt to reset. They don’t bulge much sitting still but they do “conform” pretty well.
In my experience, and for the wheeling I have access to, the thinner profile of a 10.5” tire is ideal. I ran 33x8.5” on my FJ40 and it was great.

Last edited:
Hi had the Kenda MT on my TJ when I bought it, the noisy ride from Philadelphia to Long Island was enough to make me order new Duratracs and wheels from DTD. Anyone want a set of Kendas and wheels cheap...lol