Kenda and Nexen tires

I don't really care for Kenda, but have sold a lot of Nexen and they make a great affordable tire. Its a Korean company and they are building a plant here in the US in Georgia. They are OE on a lot of vehicles now including some Ram Trucks.

What tread style are you looking at? What kind of driving do you do mostly?

I don't really care for Kenda, but have sold a lot of Nexen and they make a great affordable tire. Its a Korean company and they are building a plant here in the US in Georgia. They are OE on a lot of vehicles now including some Ram Trucks.

What tread style are you looking at? What kind of driving do you do mostly?

What do you not like about kenda? I'd never heard of them until my dirt bike phase, and never had them on a passenger vehicle.

What do you not like about kenda? I'd never heard of them until my dirt bike phase, and never had them on a passenger vehicle.

We sold them for a while. Road noise and balance was the main complaints we heard.

Price is good, but they are a low tech inexpensive tire. Probably fine for trail duty, but not what I would want on a DD.

Reactions: freedom_in_4low
I had Kenda Klever MT tires on an old Jeep. They still looked like new after 10,000 miles but were pretty loud from day one. I had Nexen MTs on my old XJ and had no complaints.
p.s. I think AndyG has them (Kenda) on one of his Jeeps.
@AndyG wanna chime in on these, I don't think he had any trouble getting his balanced, but he is also running centramatics with his beadlocks too.

I had enough trouble getting my Coopers balanced that I don't even want to mess with a tire that's known for trouble balancing by a guy that sells tires. 😉

Reactions: TheBoogieman
I had enough trouble getting my Coopers balanced that I don't even want to mess with a tire that's known for trouble balancing by a guy that sells tires. 😉
I've never had any trouble getting any tires/wheels balanced. Just trouble with lazy people doing the balancing and trying to rush the job.

I doubt it gets better with Cooper since Goodyear bought them out. Shame since Cooper owned Mickey too.

We still sell Cooper and don't see a lot of issues with them. Everyone makes an out of spec tire from time to time.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
Then don't ever buy the gateway buckshot mudders, even if they are the best mud tire ever made!!!! :D:D

I have 3 sets of Nexen tires in various flavors in operation at the moment. My TJ, son’s car and daughter’s suv. Zero complaints with any of them. From balancing to performance to road noise, no issues. Will buy again…

The one I have is a mud tire and it took centramatics to get them tolerable- I don’t know about their all-terrain tire but I’ve only had mine running about 2000 miles maybe so I don’t really have enough experience with them to pass on-

I found it to be so weird- We can be totally happy with a brand of tire and then still try something else the next time-

You can do better for a few more bucks. Nexen AT would be a good fit.
I want to say I’ve had a set of these before and they did pretty good also....on my f250

I found it to be so weird- We can be totally happy with a brand of tire and then still try something else the next time-

Not me! I was happy with my KO2s and was going to get KM3's but they were back ordered 8 weeks and the Coopers were 5 days out. The cooper's haven given me a good reason not to like them, but I'll still likely go back to BFG next time even if for no other reason that the Coopers are spec'd about 0.6" wider section width and I'd like to get some of my turning radius back if I can.