Kicker sub replacement

Jeff Allan

TJ Enthusiast
For an ‘04 factory center console replacement. Trying to figure out if I want this 2 ohm version or the 1 ohm. In the QnA the seller says TJs should get 1 ohm, but reading others saying differently. they probably will both, I'm sticking with the factory amp for now. Too much other stuff on the list.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BLVEZUC/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Last edited:
Researching more, I ordered the 2 ohm Kicker CompRT, as I read both the stock sub uses a 2 ohm sub, If it’s wired in parallel, would then be 1 ohm.. unless they mean 2 ohm total..

If I got the 1 ohm sub woofer wire the coils in series for 2 ohms wondering if that will work with the factory amp? Can anyone confirm OEM impedance? I've read good reviews using it even with the stock 80(?) watt amp. Just not sure on which way.

If the factory amp can work with the 1 ohm coils wired in series for 2 ohms, Id rather do that and can add the Kicker PX 200.1 amp later.

Last edited:
Researching more, I ordered the 2 ohm Kicker CompRT, as I read the stock sub uses a 2 ohm sub wired in parallel so it's 1 ohm. Can anyone confirm? I've read good reviews on sound even with the stock 80(?) watt amp.

I have the 2 ohm VT version. It was a good choice given the rest of the system was all OEM. I'm no audiophile but the improvement in sound from blown/no sub to the Kicker was well worth the cost. I can't help you with how it would work with future improvements in the system.

Reactions: Jeff Allan
I have the 2 ohm VT version. It was a good choice given the rest of the system was all OEM. I'm no audiophile but the improvement in sound from blown/no sub to the Kicker was well worth the cost. I can't help you with how it would work with future improvements in the system.

Thanks for replying. Do you know if the OEM sub was wired for 1, or 2 ohm? I read both. Wondering how well it'll work with the stock setup, if I get the 1 ohm and wire it in series, that way.

For an ‘04 factory center console replacement. Trying to figure out if I want this 2 ohm version or the 1 ohm. In the QnA the seller says TJs should get 1 ohm, but reading others saying differently. they probably will both, I'm sticking with the factory amp for now. Too much other stuff on the list.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BLVEZUC/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Factor amp was rated a 1 ohm and 75 watts, and the speaker was a dual 2 ohm.

Reactions: Jeff Allan and L J
Thanks for replying. Do you know if the OEM sub was wired for 1, or 2 ohm? I read both. Wondering how well it'll work with the stock setup, if I get the 1 ohm and wire it in series, that way.
😆 and I just about to tag skrelnik or Chris as they are more knowledgeable regarding sounds systems

Factor amp was rated a 1 ohm and 75 watts, and the speaker was a dual 2 ohm
Factor amp was rated a 1 ohm and 75 watts, and the speaker was a dual 2 ohm.

Do you think that factory amp will work ok to use the 1 ohm wired in series (2ohm) with the factory amp?

That way when I get the Kicker amp I’ll have the better speaker for it. Require it to .5 ohms/200 Watts

Do you think that factory amp will work ok to use the 1 ohm wired in series (2ohm) with the factory amp?

That way when I get the Kicker amp I’ll have the better speaker for it. Require it to .5 ohms/200 Watts

It will work, but not very well. I would recommend to wait for the amp and install at the same time. It will be easier to both at the same time.

Reactions: Jeff Allan