Kids love TJs

20 years ago while walking out of a Wal-Mart I find a little boy walking around looking and touching my CJ7. I had the top and doors off so he was checking out the dash when I got to it. His mom ran over and apologized for him. She said he was obsessed with Jeeps and when he saw mine he ran to it. I told her no problem and for him to check it out all he wants. I’m obsessed with Jeeps also so I knew what that kid thinking. I remember checking out a very cool brown CJ5 renegade when I was about his age. Kids do love Jeeps.

I almost forgot, that when I dropped my daughter off for school, all the boys (who were probably in 1st or 2nd grade) were standing around gawking yelling, "I want a Jeep like that!".

Not sure what it is about Jeeps, but kids really do love them!

I almost forgot, that when I dropped my daughter off for school, all the boys (who were probably in 1st or 2nd grade) were standing around gawking yelling, "I want a Jeep like that!".

Not sure what it is about Jeeps, but kids really do love them!

My kids do the same. And their friends love it too. I’ve had some cool stuff over the years but the Jeep is their favorite.

Reactions: Jramos013 and Chris
A white CJ 5 renegade at the Morgan City Suprette did it for me. About 1977/8 maybe. I was 11 or 12 . I couldn't believe they made full size toys for adults. I knew then growing up was gonna be ok.

I've owned my Unlimited for my daughters' entire lives, and they love Jeeps. When it was time to add another vehicle for my girls to drive, they both were adamant we had to add a second TJ. That made me so proud. Here is my oldest driving away with her mom.

sam.jpg

Man yes. She will remember that all her life Chris.

I love my dad, he's a character...but when we were kids there were no cool cars at our house...we had an old 4 door Plymouth with pushbutton gears, metal dash, and the "hump". I remember standing up in the front seat, as well as laying on the ledge under the back window.

And sitting between my parents watching TV... thinking..." I shouldn't be watching this"

Beautiful child, enjoy it Chris. I blinked and mine is 24 with my second grandchild on the way.

She may have a tough time remembering which one of Daddys TJs she was riding in.

yup, my grandad got me into jeeps. He had a Red CJ-5 and i would spend hours inside the thing pretending i was driving when i was a kid. 20 years later I got my TJ. I think i just cant own a newer car. No other Vehicle can give me that " I can go where most vheicles cant" thing. Not even even the newer wranglers. Too much electronics. Now my 2yo daughter love the TJ, everytime she sees the car seat, she just starts to jump from excitement. That doesnt happens with my wifes car lol.

When buying a new car for the wife, the salesman tried his best to get me into a newer JL, he was dumbfounded when I told him that i would not change my TJ even if I got a JL for free.

Last edited:
My daughter was with me the day I bought my TJ and she was only 6 months old. She didn't like riding in the back with the car seat facing backwards as the wind would really blow in her face with the top off.

When I came back from Iraq and got custody of her she was 4 and by this time I had taken her on a could 4 wheeling trips with me. She LOVED having to crawl into the back seat when the top was off becasue she would get to climb the tire. And of course the rest of the story is that when she was coming up on being 16 she wanted her own TJ.

DSC02080.jpg

Of course getting to sit on a XJ while you eat lunch is fun also...

DSC02087.jpg

Even big kids love TJ's

IMG_3231_zpsteax7qph.jpg

This was my daughters pose much of the time when we went wheeling. I was always amazed that the rocking back and forth didn't wake her up but she'd sleep right through even really rough terrain unless a branch slapped her. And she does NOT like to awoken like that....

IMG00088.JPG

This was my daughters pose much of the time when we went wheeling. I was always amazed that the rocking back and forth didn't wake her up but she'd sleep right through even really rough terrain unless a branch slapped her. And she does NOT like to awoken like that....

View attachment 196483

Funny, my daughter will fall asleep in the back of the TJ as well and NOTHING will wake her up :ROFLMAO:

My wife says it's a combination of the engine noise and the wind that must soothe her and make her sleepy.