Kinetic Recovery Rope Recommendation

Igoo65

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I am looking for recommendations for kinetic recovery ropes. I did a search and everything I found was from 4 years ago. Is TRE still a good company?
TIA
Igoo65

I’ve had good luck with these…I paid $25 more than the current price.

Had one that towed a TJ through the rocks for 6 hours, then bought another one after my gear was stolen. Worked just fine last week in the trails.

Last edited:
I bought a Yankum on sale last year, but I haven't had to use it yet. It looks like a decent rope, but again, I have not used it yet. In hindsight, I'd spend less.

I’ve had good luck with these the price is down from what I paid.

Had one that towed a TJ through the rocks for 6 hours, then bought another one after my gear was stolen. Worked just fine last week in the trails.

Mike, what other rigging/shackles did you get to go with it?

Is the goal to get someone unstuck or to drag someone off the trail?

I've only used mine to snatch out of snow or such. Static tow strap is what I'd likely use for a long haul. Guess it works ok tho'.
I have a 30' and a 10' kinetic + static extensions.
One kinetic in a long string of static is sufficient for a snatch recovery. Been out to 150' with only 30' kinetic. Mine are 1" to use with Dmax occasionally.

I also have a 30' x 3" kinetic strap I've used with the f350 on another full size in mud since before the ropes appeared.

Properly rigged soft shackles work great with kinetics.

Of course there are still a lot of nay-sayers out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Apparition