Colorado Krew Hangout

Not sure where you're snowboarding but definitely look into the reservations. I know Vail resorts have been limiting capacity and are on a reservation system.

I got an epic pass and reserved at crested butte for today. Telluride isn’t on the epic pass so I had to just get a ticket in advance.

Should be a nice drive into Ouray area tomorrow morning. Was going to do it tonight but decided I would do it when there is some light.

Should be a nice drive into Ouray area tomorrow morning. Was going to do it tonight but decided I would do it when there is some light.
Good call. The valley US550 follows from Ridgway to Ouray is astonishingly beautiful. If you're into scenic drives, make sure you do the drive US550 over Red Mountain Pass to Silverton, too. If you have time, continue on US550 to at least Molas Pass.

Reactions: jodomcfrodo
Good call. The valley US550 follows from Ridgway to Ouray is astonishingly beautiful. If you're into scenic drives, make sure you do the drive US550 over Red Mountain Pass to Silverton, too. If you have time, continue on US550 to at least Molas Pass.

I’m going straight to telluride in the morning so it looks like I get off 50 at ridgway. But after snowboarding I’m going back through to Ouray so it looks like I’ll get on that stretch before dark.

I’ll go to Molas pass on Thursday morning. Easier day since I’m just driving to salt lake. Thanks for letting me know!

Anyone interested in a Chinaman Gulch run sometime between the 20th and 30th this month? I'll be out in BV and trying to decide whether I should bring my Jeep out with me.

Would love too but I just cant get away next week. Its been a number of years ago but we were able to run Chinaman Gulch on New Years Eve. That was a blast, we barely encountered any snow on the trail. Not sure what conditions are like there right now.

Would love too but I just cant get away next week. Its been a number of years ago but we were able to run Chinaman Gulch on New Years Eve. That was a blast, we barely encountered any snow on the trail. Not sure what conditions are like there right now.

FWIW the ski resorts out there are really struggling with snow. Telluride had one lift open and Crested Butte had basically one run.

Not sure if this tells you anything about Buena Vista though...

• Sad
Reactions: tworley
Jonesing for summer already. Feels like it has been forever since I've been out.
20200809_195958.jpg
20200809_195355.jpg
20200618_172650.jpg
20200618_173450.jpg
20200703_150224.jpg
20200703_151418.jpg
20200703_151911.jpg
20200809_201128[1].jpg

20200809_175532[1].jpg

I've only run it in the the summer, but my understanding is it is pretty good to run through the entire winter. Snowfall in that area is minimal and the little that comes down melts off really quickly.

Anyone interested in a Chinaman Gulch run sometime between the 20th and 30th this month? I'll be out in BV and trying to decide whether I should bring my Jeep out with me.

Did you bring your Jeep? I could probably be convinced between Christmas and New Years.

Did you bring your Jeep? I could probably be convinced between Christmas and New Years.
I ended up leaving it at home. The trail should be pretty decent though. There was a small amount of snow from last week (maybe 2 inches) but it's been pretty warm and sunny so most melted off. There was a light dusting last night, but not enough to have any impact.

Reactions: rasband
Headed out this morning from The Springs to hopefully go snow bashing. If we can find any Worth mentioning. I had planned to run Chinamans today but don’t feel like the drive not knowing how much snow they got. Maybe this weekend

Reactions: freedom_in_4low
G
Headed out this morning from The Springs to hopefully go snow bashing. If we can find any Worth mentioning. I had planned to run Chinamans today but don’t feel like the drive not knowing how much snow they got. Maybe this weekend
Got a foot of snow in BV yesterday into this morning. Chinaman is probably tough. Light powder so it’s settling fast. Should be lots of snow to play around four mile though.

G

Got a foot of snow in BV yesterday into this morning. Chinaman is probably tough. Light powder so it’s settling fast. Should be lots of snow to play around four mile though.
Yeah we saw that this morning and decided not to go over today. May head over this weekend after it’s settled