Leaving Californy with a banjo on my knee

SoCalGlide

2K6GPLJ
Supporting Member
Well, no banjo, but the house is in escrow, and we'll be moving to Virginia within a couple months. Virginia's not my first choice, but the wife said she doesn't want to spend the rest of her life living 3000 miles away from the daughter and grandkids. Some things a guy has to roll with.

We're close enough to retirement age to make it work. We're headed to the Hampton Roads area, or thereabouts. Going to load everything in PODS, then we'll take a leisurely trip across the US in the motor home with the LJ in tow.

1657747103240.gif

Well, no banjo, but the house is in escrow, and we'll be moving to Virginia within a couple months. Virginia's not my first choice, but the wife said she doesn't want to spend the rest of her life living 3000 miles away from the daughter and grandkids. Some things a guy has to roll with.

We're close enough to retirement age to make it work. We're headed to the Hampton Roads area, or thereabouts. Going to load everything in PODS, then we'll take a leisurely trip across the US in the motor home with the LJ in tow.

I lived in Hampton for about five years in the mid-70s. I'll bet it's changed a lot since then.
Best wishes to you in your new adventure! (y)

Time to get out of that communist hell hole, woo hoo!

Yeah, because being able to ride my motorcycle year round, and hit mountains, beaches and valleys in a one ride sucks. And all of that BLM land in the states to go driving the Jeep in is just too much to stand. And the $720/year I pay in property taxes thanks to Prop 13 is just too much!