Leaving Californy with a banjo on my knee

Hundreds of thousands of people are fleeing California for states like Texas and Florida, but it's not always easy to adjust to life in an American state.

Let's look at the 10 biggest adjustments fleeing Californians have to make in their new states:

Strange wet stuff falls from the sky once in a while. Try not to drive your car into a pole when this happens. Take a deep breath. You will get through it.
People don't say "The" in front of highway names. If you're driving on I-10 in Texas, you'll feel the urge to say "The 10," but don't do it. It's wrong.
You can't wear flip-flops to church. Not even your "nice" Vans flip-flops. Put on shoes like an adult.
There's no need to call the police if you see someone with a gun strapped to their hip. It's OK. The guns can't jump out and hurt you, no matter what Newsom told you back in California.
"Bless your heart" doesn't mean "bless your heart." Well, it might mean "bless your heart," but it's a safer bet that it means "that person's weird," or "you're an idiot," or "I don't like you." Or, it's a simple ending to a statement you've made about someone that you don't want to feel bad about.
No one cares about your preferred pronouns. Go ahead and tell an old farmer in Oklahoma that you go by "they" pronouns. The look on his face will be worth it.
Man-buns are unacceptable in a professional setting. Or any setting.
You have to go into buildings without any kind of official warning that something inside there might cause cancer. You will just have to take the chance. Be strong.
The weather cycles from hot to cold and back again on an annual basis. Do not be alarmed. These are called "seasons."
You might have to make your own choices and take responsibility for your actions without the government taking care of you. This is the most difficult adjustment for Californians to make when they move to America, but with time, prayer (also acceptable in red states), and willpower, you can do it!

Those are just a few of the many adjustments ex-Californians will have to make. If you've thought of any others, please leave them in the comments below to help these poor communists to enjoy capitalism away from their homeland.

https://babylonbee.com/news/10-bigg...-40813556&mc_cid=24f18a6f8d&mc_eid=806f2a2a4e

You can't wear flip-flops to church. Not even your "nice" Vans flip-flops. Put on shoes like an adult.

I'll be honest, I don't wear closed shoes when it's over 95. My (non-denominational) church is pretty young and relaxed, and I tell myself it's ok because the ones I wear kinda look like Jesus could have worn them because they're mostly fabric instead of rubber. :ROFLMAO:

I'll be honest, I don't wear closed shoes when it's over 95. My (non-denominational) church is pretty young and relaxed, and I tell myself it's ok because the ones I wear kinda look like Jesus could have worn them because they're mostly fabric instead of rubber. :ROFLMAO:

Birkenstocks were always called "Jesus sandals" where I grew up.

The only thing about So Cal is once you have been there done that locally, everything else is 4 to 5 hours away. Vegas, 5 hours, Redwoods, 6 hours, other states 4 to 10 hours. My point is being in Virginia, you are not far from a lot of new, very cool exploring. So much history, etc. 400 miles to the north gets you through parts of 5 states and into Manhattan. Your close to Wash DC and some of those Museums are amazing. 5 hours gets you the Outer Banks, etc.

Should be an outstanding adventure just exploring the East Coast.

What route are you taking across the country?

The only thing about So Cal is once you have been there done that locally, everything else is 4 to 5 hours away. Vegas, 5 hours, Redwoods, 6 hours, other states 4 to 10 hours. My point is being in Virginia, you are not far from a lot of new, very cool exploring. So much history, etc. 400 miles to the north gets you through parts of 5 states and into Manhattan. Your close to Wash DC and some of those Museums are amazing. 5 hours gets you the Outer Banks, etc.

We're looking forward to the move and are treating it as a new adventure.
We plan on hitting the North Rim if the Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, then heading up to Yellowstone. From there, the Badlands. Then we plan on visiting friends and family in Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Kentucky.
We haven't locked ourselves into a schedule, and will take things as they come.

Birkenstocks were always called "Jesus sandals" where I grew up.

Both my teenage girls wear Birkenstocks, and I call them Jesus sandals all them time.
No one cares about your preferred pronouns. Go ahead and tell an old farmer in Oklahoma that you go by "they" pronouns. The look on his face will be worth it.

In my new job, I had to make a presentation to a civilian board. The powerpoint presentation I made did not identify the involved parties' identities, so I referenced the people as he/she and him/her. It was recommended to me I use gender neutral terms instead of he/she. Only on the west coast are people worried about offending the anonymous. (And, I left the PP he/she.)

In my new job, I had to make a presentation to a civilian board. The powerpoint presentation I made did not identify the involved parties' identities, so I referenced the people as he/she and him/her. It was recommended to me I use gender neutral terms instead of he/she. Only on the west coast are people worried about offending the anonymous. (And, I left the PP he/she.)
So, instead, using they and them to refer to a singular person, you’re assuming that person is gender fluid or the job can’t be done by one person, thus the plural pronoun for him/her.

The hypocrisy is getting so illogical

• Haha
Reactions: SvtLdr and reddvltj
I retired 1-1-2019 and had my right kidney removed from cancer in March of that year. We were looking to move to South East Arizona after I finished chemotherapy. Fortunately I was finished in August before we were forced to leave early because of one of the wildfires. Moved into our home on November 18th and loving this area. Got back into Jeeps and practicing my 2nd amendment rights. Lots of places to shoot and lots of easy to moderate trails to explore. Only go back to Komiefornia when we have to for family.

Yep, When I was stationed in MD I went on a backpacking trip with a buddy, and we hiked thru 4 states in a weekend. Both of us were raised out west so it was a novel idea that you could walk thru 4 states in 2 days. It was part of the Appalachian trail.

We're looking forward to the move and are treating it as a new adventure.
We plan on hitting the North Rim if the Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, then heading up to Yellowstone. From there, the Badlands. Then we plan on visiting friends and family in Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Kentucky.
We haven't locked ourselves into a schedule, and will take things as they come.

Enjoy the drive and take your time. I've driven across the states twice and still have more I'd like to see.

Yep, When I was stationed in MD I went on a backpacking trip with a buddy, and we hiked thru 4 states in a weekend. Both of us were raised out west so it was a novel idea that you could walk thru 4 states in 2 days. It was part of the Appalachian trail.

Enjoy the drive and take your time. I've driven across the states twice and still have more I'd like to see.

My "map" of states I've ridden in is empty on the Eastern Seaboard. I'm looking forward to filling in the blanks.

One of the family members I'm looking forward to "visiting" is the gravesite of my great-great grandfather and great-great grandmother. I located it on the Ancestry website. He came over from Ireland as a young man in the 1830s, settling for a time in Kentucky. He then moved on to southern Illinois, got married, and they made their way to southwestern Wisconsin, where they are buried.

It’s cool back here, I stopped in Missouri it born in Modesto, till 12 then raised in Oregon till last year.

We love it! You will find your fit, just keep your mind open and learn. People are super nice in the Midwest and Southern states. I appreciate the laid back attitude and people look you in the eye and shake your hand.

Have fun with your move!

Yep, California sucks! You should all move out, please, especially the southern part of the state.
The northern part of the state should move to the eastern seaboard and take Newscum, Piglosi and the entire populations of San Franshitco and Excremento with you. :LOL:

What people don't seem to realize is most of the people moving out are conservative red voters. Thats why the republican voters in the state are less than 42%.

• Haha
Reactions: reddvltj
Escrow closed yesterday. In 28 days, we'll be homeless and starting our (slow) RV trek east. The only date that we're committed to is reservations at an RV park in West Yellowstone on Sept. 20th. Other than that, we're just going to go with the flow and adjust out itinerary as we see fit as we head east.

Escrow closed yesterday. In 28 days, we'll be homeless and starting our (slow) RV trek east. The only date that we're committed to is reservations at an RV park in West Yellowstone on Sept. 20th. Other than that, we're just going to go with the flow and adjust out itinerary as we see fit as we head east.

Awesome, enjoy it