LED Headlight Issue

Good Luck!

You have to admit it kind of makes sense, since you hit the steering wheel it is most likely wiggling a connection or broken wire?

That is what I read. No low beams
They results in more than one were bad headlight switch and the most were issues with that harness.
Most cases was a loose connection in the wiring in the pigtail.
ONe was someone tapped into it for an aftermarket stereo
Another was a burned wire.
You may want to remove the harness or at least pull the cover then turn your headlights on and grab that harness and wiggle it and see if you can get them to come on.

I now have no low beams what so ever. The hit the ol' steering wheel trick now does not work. I'm wondering if its possibly a pin inside the connection to the hi//lo switch. That would be the only thing I can think would change anything. I moved that connector today to replace the switch so maybe it is too far out of place now? Do you think it would be worth it to try to replace this connector or perhaps trace each wire with a voltmeter and see if I can narrow the problem down wire by wire? I have no idea how the wires are routed so I don't know if it would be easy to visually inspect each wire on the harness for issues.

I now have no low beams what so ever. The hit the ol' steering wheel trick now does not work. I'm wondering if its possibly a pin inside the connection to the hi//lo switch. That would be the only thing I can think would change anything. I moved that connector today to replace the switch so maybe it is too far out of place now? Do you think it would be worth it to try to replace this connector or perhaps trace each wire with a voltmeter and see if I can narrow the problem down wire by wire? I have no idea how the wires are routed so I don't know if it would be easy to visually inspect each wire on the harness for issues.

If it were me and you know how to work a volt meter, that is exactly what I would do. I would want to find the issue rather than throwing parts at it. Now once I found it I would fix it to the best of my ability.

Just for you information, when I bought my jeep it had a check engine light and the PO said that it was a 02 sensor and they would fix it before delivery. So I took a chance and bought it. The very next day check engine light again. I checked it and it was an 02 sensor code and without any further diagnosis I went to the dealer and bought both brand new because I thought they probably used a cheap after-market one. Then reset the code and the next morning check engine light again. Same 02 sensor code. I just wasted 250 bucks for nothing. So I went to Ebay, and bought a factory service manual, and started tracing wires. I found a bad ground pin on the pigtail on the back of the intake manifold for the front 02. I couldn't find a new pigtail, so I disassembled it, and soldered a new wire to the old pin and then soldered the other end to the factory end. Basically I fixed the pin.

Anyways it cost me a tiny bit of solder and a little heat shrink on something I paid 250 bucks for for no reason. So to make a long story longer. I think if you are able to trace wires that is the way to go. These TJ's are getting older, and weird things are starting to happen.

Like you I have a 98, and a factory service manual, so I can help as much as I can.

Cheers,