I have a 2000 Jeep Wrangler. I have been trying to install windshield brackets on it for the past month and can't get it to work. Have any ideas?

When you say "windshield brackets" what exactly are you referring to?

Windshield mounts for a led light bar. The mounts just don't seem to fit correctly.

Ohhhh, I gotcha! A lot of those cheap windshield mounts are known to fit very, very poorly. Unless you bought a good quality set of them that is known to fit well, then chances are you'll have to tweak and grind them to fit.

Ohhhh, I gotcha! A lot of those cheap windshield mounts are known to fit very, very poorly. Unless you bought a good quality set of them that is known to fit well, then chances are you'll have to tweak and grind them to fit.
Okay thanks. Does anyone know where I could buy long torque screws that are in the bottom on the windshield. They wouldn't screw back in with the windshield mount on.

Okay thanks. Does anyone know where I could buy long torque screws that are in the bottom on the windshield. They wouldn't screw back in with the windshield mount on.

You can get just about any piece of hardware you need here: https://www.mcmaster.com/

However, your local ACE Hardware should have those as well. I'd just replace them with allen heads though instead of torx.

IMG_4844.JPG
Got mines at Fastenal. But as @Chris said your local hardware store may carry them. Use the bolt description and size as reference. I counter sink the mount holes to recess the bolt head.

Reactions: Chris