LED Lightbars?

Reactions: Alex M. and Chris
I just picked up a what I thought was a 50" on eBay, but came as a 52" for $90. Then the brackets from Rough Country, and a $23 wiring harness with built in relay and fuse (it had a windshield/lightbar logo, so I had to, haha). You could land a 747 with that sucker. INSANE!!!! While ticked cause I had to space the brackets 1/4" out from the body, I love the look!

**ignore the stock suspension. Lift kit is coming**

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Reactions: Chris
I believe it's 50", am I wrong?

Yep its 50" I made the mistake of getting a 52" and it didn't end up fitting. I had to sell it and buy a new 50" one. I haven't gotten it yet its still in shipping but I will post a picture and a write up of the install when it gets here. I Bought the 50" Light bracket from Maximum Jeep. Here is a link to the bracket I bought on eBay. It came pretty fast and the only complaint I have is that the screws started rusting and I've only had it installed for a month. I will eventually get around to replace them...

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/706-5...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=281832557006

Reactions: Chris
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Have you had any problems with the fuse popping or the wiring overheating? Mine is. I've posted a thread about it asking for any advice that other owners may have.

Ya mines ok aswell and I ran mine for hours at a time. What size fuze do you have and whats the watts and amps ur bar draws?

Ya mines ok aswell and I ran mine for hours at a time. What size fuze do you have and whats the watts and amps ur bar draws?

It's supposed to be 25 amps. I've fixed mine now though, I discarded all of the original Chinese wire and replaced it with a heavier gauge (8AWG I think) wire, a new fuse holder and new relay. It works a treat now with the wiring staying at the ambient temperature and I've had the light running for long periods. The supplier sells the same wiring pack for all their lights, even those that run under half the amperage.

I can do this one for $375.00 shipped.
I think that's the same one I have and I love it. I have four 4inch ones as well by the same company but the 50 inch is bright enough. Just my two 4inch ones on my bumper are bright enough. That's a good price for them. Mine were about 600 and they are solid and well built.

I want to put a light bar in between the hooks on my stock front bumper. I have never wired anything in my life. Is is difficult to do? I think an LED bar in that spot would look sweet. Anybody here ever put one there?

I want to put a light bar in between the hooks on my stock front bumper. I have never wired anything in my life. Is is difficult to do? I think an LED bar in that spot would look sweet. Anybody here ever put one there?

Wiring is super easy. Even if you don't know how to solder, you can always use connectors.

It's easy but make sure you use good quality wire (enough for the amp draw of the light) and possibly a relay so the new light will only operate with the head lights (a legal requirement in many areas), plus the relay removes the need to have 15-25 amp wiring connected to a small rocker switch.