LED lighting

kriendj

I’m looking to add some off-road lights to my 98 TJ. I have the e-autogrilles front bumper with the little crossbar/stinger. I think a 20” light bar doesn’t really “fit” what my TJ looks like. So I’m thinking round lights on the tabs on the crossbar. Anyone have pics of a similar setup? Or even with a 20” lightbar so I can see that too. Can anyone recommend round LED lights that are super bright but still look “classic”? Thx!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have round KC Daylighters and Baja Designs SQuadron Racer LEDs on my truck. I have round Baja Designs for my LJ that I haven’t gotten to install yet. Quadratec also has house brand round LED lights.

The KC/Baja set up on my truck is stupid bright. The pictures do not do it justice.
A05A6672-3BD6-4C24-9B1A-FD8B11351648.jpeg E1660046-A133-497C-BCFB-0C0A25C92B70.jpeg E5AD43F4-44BB-4610-A826-0F570B88BD26.jpeg 9A850EBB-05A5-43FC-96F7-8EF87DC988F1.jpeg

I have round KC Daylighters and Baja Designs SQuadron Racer LEDs on my truck. I have round Baja Designs for my LJ that I haven’t gotten to install yet. Quadratec also has house brand round LED lights.

The KC/Baja set up on my truck is stupid bright. The pictures do not do it justice.
View attachment 30876 View attachment 30877 View attachment 30878 View attachment 30879

I’ve got the 10”’Baja designs lightbar in my raptor and it’s so bright. Also spots in the fog light pockets. For the round lights do you have the red Baja design ones? I have a black TJ so that red light is a bit of a turn off for me.

How about these round LED lights?

IMG_0521.JPG

Those are the Vision X Light Cannon fog lights I run. Not only are they insanely bright, but the reviews on them are unanimous across the board. Check it out: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CQ453G4/?tag=wranglerorg-20

These aren't cheap Chinese headlights, hence the higher price. They are made in South Korea, and the quality of these things will blow you away.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
I’ve got the 10”’Baja designs lightbar in my raptor and it’s so bright. Also spots in the fog light pockets. For the round lights do you have the red Baja design ones? I have a black TJ so that red light is a bit of a turn off for me.

My Bajas are all black. These are the ones going on my LJ.

B699C021-246F-4645-8998-6D628D32BCBA.jpeg

How about these round LED lights?

View attachment 30889

Those are the Vision X Light Cannon fog lights I run. Not only are they insanely bright, but the reviews on them are unanimous across the board. Check it out: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CQ453G4/?tag=wranglerorg-20

These aren't cheap Chinese headlights, hence the higher price. They are made in South Korea, and the quality of these things will blow you away.
Hmmm. So I've done a ton of reading on these over the weekend. They look interesting and the size / shape look perfect for on top of a bumper. Do you ever run them in pencil beam mode ? Or always with the covers on them? I'd think these with some near/mid range lights on the pillar or also on the bar might be a good combo.

Anyone else have experience with the light cannons?

Also, can I use the existing wiring to get back to the factory fog light switch? These lights seem to pull 4.3 amps so not sure if that's too much or if that little fog light switch even has a relay wired in. (This is a relaitvel new to me jeep)

Hmmm. So I've done a ton of reading on these over the weekend. They look interesting and the size / shape look perfect for on top of a bumper. Do you ever run them in pencil beam mode ? Or always with the covers on them? I'd think these with some near/mid range lights on the pillar or also on the bar might be a good combo.

Anyone else have experience with the light cannons?

Also, can I use the existing wiring to get back to the factory fog light switch? These lights seem to pull 4.3 amps so not sure if that's too much or if that little fog light switch even has a relay wired in. (This is a relaitvel new to me jeep)

The light cannons are not meant to be run as pencil beams on-road. Off-road that's fine, but for on-road use I use the Vision X elliptical and flood light covers for them, which disperse the light in a more fog light type of pattern, which is great for on-road use. For off-road use, you can take the covers off, and then you get more of a spot light type of deal.

And yes, I am using the factory fog light wiring to run mine. I've tested the factory fog light wiring, and the 4.3 amp pull is not too much for it at all. They work just great with the factory wiring!

The light cannons are not meant to be run as pencil beams on-road. Off-road that's fine, but for on-road use I use the Vision X elliptical and flood light covers for them, which disperse the light in a more fog light type of pattern, which is great for on-road use. For off-road use, you can take the covers off, and then you get more of a spot light type of deal.

And yes, I am using the factory fog light wiring to run mine. I've tested the factory fog light wiring, and the 4.3 amp pull is not too much for it at all. They work just great with the factory wiring!

Yeah, the spots would definitely be only for offroad down here in Texas during hunting season. Help spot deer before they jump in front of you. It's a bit of a pain and the crappy TJ headlights leave me vulnerable to these suicide missions! But I like the idea of using the floods in the city for rainy weather and then popping off the covers when I need to reach out there. And then of course adding some pilar lights too for offroad that would flood the near/mid range.

Yeah, the spots would definitely be only for offroad down here in Texas during hunting season. Help spot deer before they jump in front of you. It's a bit of a pain and the crappy TJ headlights leave me vulnerable to these suicide missions! But I like the idea of using the floods in the city for rainy weather and then popping off the covers when I need to reach out there. And then of course adding some pilar lights too for offroad that would flood the near/mid range.

Yep, it’s awesome that there are so many light covers to choose from that alter the light output. It basically gives you multiple lights in one!