These are the ones I've been using for the past 2 years:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01774OVY2/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Absolutely LOVE them. They're bright as hell, and the reverse lights are so bright that it's almost like you've got a light bar in the rear when you're in reverse.
Chris, can you speak to the issue of 'no side markers' on the Amazon LED set, as is mentioned in several customer reviews?

Chris, can you speak to the issue of 'no side markers' on the Amazon LED set, as is mentioned in several customer reviews?

Yep, I can. I disabled mine completely. The issue has something to do with the way the side markers are wired on the TJs. I had found something about it a while back and totally forgot to save the link. It's above my head as I suck with electrical stuff, but someone like Jerry with the electrical knowledge would know what I'm talking about.

Anyways, when you have LED taillights it causes the side markers to behave extremely weird (even with the LED relay). There was some mention of a way you could re-wire it (or I believe it was an inline resistor) to fix it, but I just unplugged mine altogether and that did the trick.

Yep, I can. I disabled mine completely. The issue has something to do with the way the side markers are wired on the TJs. I had found something about it a while back and totally forgot to save the link. It's above my head as I suck with electrical stuff, but someone like Jerry with the electrical knowledge would know what I'm talking about.

Anyways, when you have LED taillights it causes the side markers to behave extremely weird (even with the LED relay). There was some mention of a way you could re-wire it (or I believe it was an inline resistor) to fix it, but I just unplugged mine altogether and that did the trick.
So you're saying that they have them, they just don't work without some custom wiring? I wonder if the QT version have the same issue...

So you're saying that they have them, they just don't work without some custom wiring?

Oh no, I'm referring to the side markers on the front fender flares and how they misbehave with LEDs installed (though not if you keep the halogen bulbs in them, I put LEDs in mine).

These LED taillights don't have side markers on them at all. That never bothered me though, hell, I didn't even realize this for 2 or so years until you just brought it up now, haha!

My LED front & rear sidemarkers work fine. The rears are part of the Savvy LED taillights, the front sidemarkers are just something I found online and integrated into the aluminum Poison Spyder front fenders I had just installed.

My LED front & rear sidemarkers work fine. The rears are part of the Savvy LED taillights, the front sidemarkers are just something I found online and integrated into the aluminum Poison Spyder front fenders I had just installed.

Are you running LED bulbs in the front fender side markers?

Are you running LED bulbs in the front fender side markers?
Yep that's what I said Cris.

I ran them on both of my TJs. :)

TighteningScrew.jpg

LightsOn.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: PCO6
Decided to take them back off today and put a piece of rubber pond liner material between the lights and the body tub. The PO, who had that monstrosity of a cargo rack on this Jeep, also had black metal light protectors. Between the two of those, they did a bit of a number on the paint behind the lights, so I put the rubber to prevent any more paint problems. Worked great. You can't see it, it's just there for my peace of mind.

If anyone is interested in the light guards, they look like these, just not quite so shiny:
146785.jpg

They're yours for the shipping cost.