Left blinker keeps turning on

Rob Bagley

Hello All,
I am having an issue where my left blinker will come on solid when when the brake is pressed. I originally had a similar problem with my windshield wipers and left blinker turning on when the brake is pressed. Turned out to be a bad ground on the driver side headlight. I have triple checked the grounds that i know of and all are good. Considering changing out the actual blinker lever on the column but wanted to see if anyone else has had a the same thing. Also, when it comes on solid I can jiggle the blinker lever and it will go away until I press the brake again. Which is why I am thinking its the lever on the column. Thanks in advance for every ones inputs. I have gone through old post before to solve other things and this forum has been very helpful.

Same thing is happening with me, but how do you replace a turn signal switch assembly? Is it difficult to do? As you can probably tell I’m a newb when it comes to mechanical things.

That typically happens when the return spring inside the turn signal lever mechanism gets lazy. Happened to me, replacing the turn signal switch assembly cured it.
Thanks. That is what I was thinking also. Did you go OEM or aftermarket? I have seen a few on Amazon.

Same thing is happening with me, but how do you replace a turn signal switch assembly? Is it difficult to do? As you can probably tell I’m a newb when it comes to mechanical things.
It can be replaced with just a medium-size phillips head screwdriver. The top & bottom plastic covers that surround the steering wheel that the turn signal stalk exits through is removed by removing two screws that hold it together that are located on the bottom. The turn signal mechanism is held on by another couple phillips head screws and then its electrical connection simply unplugs.