Let's see photos of your TJ with A-pillar lights

papasjeep

I would like to see pictures of y'alls Jeeps with a round or square a pillar lights.
What brands are style of lights with most of y'all recommended.
Thanks

I can't seem to find a photo that makes them a central feature but here's something.

IMG_20200824_111209.jpg

Mine are KC Slimlite 6" LED. They're about half the price of their Gravity Pro LED but from what I could find on the internet the beam pattern and light performance isn't significantly worse. It just doesn't have the traditional KC look since it's a multi-LED unit...though even that doesn't really show with the guards on.

1603809840215.png

Anyone have a good source for a pillar armor with a mount for lights? I want to protect the a pillar similar to having a light bar but, I don’t want a light bar.

Traveller LEDs from TSC. Definitely will be putting them or KCs on my next TJ.
Screenshot_20201031-154936_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20201031-155503_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: John Cooper
If you go to AndyGs Period Correct Rubicon on the members rides thread , it has 6" original KC halogen Daylighters. I have to pay $20 more a month on my utility bill to run them. With the covers , I get a lot of "happy Jeep" comments.

PIAA lights that came with Jeep. Nice but they were yellowish and didn't match the LED headlights.
IMG_2983.jpg

Rigid 6" 360 lights with Amber backlighting.

IMG_3060.jpg

They look great and my wife called them "obnixious". I took that as a win! I considered KC but heard some questionable reviews. I also wanted my fog lights to match my A pillar spots.

Reactions: AndyG
Thread bump, still trying to decide if I want to do this. Need I little more light in the desert at night

I can't seem to find a photo that makes them a central feature but here's something.

View attachment 199033

Mine are KC Slimlite 6" LED. They're about half the price of their Gravity Pro LED but from what I could find on the internet the beam pattern and light performance isn't significantly worse. It just doesn't have the traditional KC look since it's a multi-LED unit...though even that doesn't really show with the guards on.

View attachment 199034

I see they migrated onto your LJ. How do you like them?

Thread bump, still trying to decide if I want to do this. Need I little more light in the desert at night

This may sound elementary, but since you actually plan on using them, as opposed to just adding some bling, I'd recommend learning the difference between candela (candle power) and lumens to help choosing the right light. There are no free rides in energy. While LED's are unargueably the king at efficiency, unless you buy the best you can afford, I think you'll find they tend to fall seriously short of candle power when compared to some older technologies. And for a moving vehicle that is trying to pick its way through the dark, candle power is king.
To break it down, an analogy to Candle Power and Lumens is PSI and Volume. Candle power is how much light your getting at a point, while lumens is the total sum it's spraying out everywhere. I know in my line of work (which depends on intensive lighting) I am far more concerned with usable light, than what a given fixture spills out over the countryside.
Anyways... just food for thought if you want more than just aesthetics out of your lighting.

Take care, Rob