Let's see photos of your TJ with A-pillar lights

20230802_185722.jpg

KC Daylighters!!!!!

I see they migrated onto your LJ. How do you like them?

They're my favorite lights. I haven't had any of the absolute top end $$$ lights to compare but they project so....stinking....far. it's amazing. And coming from a light bar over the windshield, the glare isn't anywhere near as bad.

I'll probably go to jail if a cop ever sees me do it but I do flip them on when driving on the country roads around where I live and the kids get a kick out of it. Deer are a lot easier to miss when you can light them up from a quarter mile.

They are for sure a spot beam though and they don't actually throw much light on the ground immediately in front or to the sides, so I have a small light bar on my fairlead for that.

Out on the ranch and far back roads in TX, I’ve been very pleased with the KC Halogen old school I guess.

Deer surveys they do a pretty good job lighting up to the sides, and with the upgrade H4 bulbs in the headlights it gives a pretty good view.

A00D067A-CF48-48F1-9FF0-C8E70B0C90C9.jpeg

8A77B865-B786-4A55-B469-AF26B36F07F8.jpeg

Reactions: John Cooper
Well if we are going to have a proper conversation restarter…How are y’all running the wires to that location? I like the side LED shooters at this spot but wiring like I did was Uber tight going through the cowl - concerned vibrations and the pinch will sever the wire.

IMG_4282.jpeg

Last edited:
Well if we are going to have a proper conversation restarter…How are y’all running the wires to that location? I like the side LED shooters at this spot but waiting like I did was Uber tight going through the cowl - concerned vibrations and the pinch will sever the wire.

View attachment 518202

I ran it into the top, but put heat shrink on covering the chrome metal wire cover end and the exposed wire, for a little protection . It breaks, I’ll fix I guess.

On my YJ not myTJ. 20yr old KC High Lites pencil beam. I have some LED Rigid cubes on the bumper to fill in the middle. I did upgrade the alternator output. I’ll probably put the same on the TJ one of these days. Not a fan of lightbars.

IMG_2235.jpeg

IMG_2234.jpeg

I put some KC daylighter halogens on my A-pillar using the Bad Ass swivel mounts. Bad Ass Mounts is the name of the company. I also had to pay $150 for the two new white KC covers on Ebay to match the ones on the light bar since KC didn't make them in white anymore. Just Empty Every Pocket. That's what Jeep stands for.😖
20230708_065716.jpg

https://badassmounts.com/collections/swivel-mounts

Last edited:
Reactions: JustDandee
They're my favorite lights. I haven't had any of the absolute top end $$$ lights to compare but they project so....stinking....far. it's amazing. And coming from a light bar over the windshield, the glare isn't anywhere near as bad.

I'll probably go to jail if a cop ever sees me do it but I do flip them on when driving on the country roads around where I live and the kids get a kick out of it. Deer are a lot easier to miss when you can light them up from a quarter mile.

They are for sure a spot beam though and they don't actually throw much light on the ground immediately in front or to the sides, so I have a small light bar on my fairlead for that.

Thanks for the input! It's interesting, didn't think a spot-light would be a favorite.

I was initially looking for some floods to shine to the sides, but these KCs just look soo nice.

Somehow this is the only picture I have of my jeep after I added the lights.

p.s. don’t bother with the limb risers. Even in places where they would be handy they aren’t handy.

14F628FA-D854-43A5-AE6F-B3437FD48BC6.jpeg

Reactions: John Cooper
PIAA lights that came with Jeep. Nice but they were yellowish and didn't match the LED headlights.
View attachment 200085

Rigid 6" 360 lights with Amber backlighting.

View attachment 200086

They look great and my wife called them "obnixious". I took that as a win! I considered KC but heard some questionable reviews. I also wanted my fog lights to match my A pillar spots.

Personally I love the yellowish look!

On my YJ not myTJ. 20yr old KC High Lites pencil beam. I have some LED Rigid cubes on the bumper to fill in the middle. I did upgrade the alternator output. I’ll probably put the same on the TJ one of these days. Not a fan of lightbars.

View attachment 518223

View attachment 518224

So I'm relatively new here, so maybe this has been visited before. But just in case it has not, for anyone running KC buckets (or generic equivalents) that wants cheap POP, these bulbs will drop in and blow away any junk that came in the shells. Just be advised that the instant you squeeze the trigger you're going to be drawing some juice, so an upgraded alternator would be advised.

Obstruction lights

Take care, Rob

Killer light bulb. What type of housing does that fit? i’m doing a 4 day desert run in the Mojave next month and need to put on some lights. I’ve upgraded the headlights to H4s but at the speed I want to travel I need something to reach out. I’m a big fan of the KC Dayliters.

That is a par 46 bulb. Which is what size a KC housing is. We find that if you can orient the filament verticle they last longer. You'll need to clip the plug in the KC and convert to ring terminals. We used These in 14v aircraft for obstruction lights, but now days everything is 28V, which buys us 450W in the par 46's and 600W in the par 64 work lights. And we run many. When we squeeze the trigger there is enough juice moving to weld with. 🤣 🤣🤣

I have no affiliation with Norman, but their lights are GE equivalent at a much lower price point.

Take care,
Rob