Let's see photos without the sport bar pads

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I am thinking about taking mine off. All they ever do is get faded and look dingy. I would love to see photos of TJs without the sport bar pads.

Reactions: jjvw
DSCN0630.JPG

Jeep TJ.jpg

Looks like it’s time to take those eyesores off. They only ever look good when they are brand new, then they just start to look gross.

Sorry I don't have a picture but I run bare metal on the sport cage and no carpet. Those were PO choices but I don't see the need to change. Noisy-yes. Easy to clean-yes.

I took my rear padding off when I installed my TrekTop NX because the top was an exceptionally tight fit at first. I just removed the rear pads and kept the front ones on. I always keep the top portion of the roof so you can't really see them anyways. At least on my color Jeep, I think it looks better with the pads on. But since you can't see them on my Jeep in the setup I run, I don't mind.

I pulled my padding off long ago and put raptor liner on it and its held up great to trees, rocks and getting flopped :ROFLMAO: also steel fenders for the win. Last pic with winch line out shows there wasn't any damage to the cage or rest of the body for that matter. so my vote is get rid of the padding

IMG-3482.JPG

IMG-3425.jpg

IMG-3150.jpg

IMG-2220.jpg

IMG_3993.jpg

I pulled my padding off long ago and put raptor liner on it and its held up great to trees, rocks and getting flopped :ROFLMAO: also steel fenders for the win. Last pic with winch line out shows there wasn't any damage to the cage or rest of the body for that matter. so my vote is get rid of the padding

View attachment 195931

View attachment 195932

View attachment 195933

View attachment 195934

View attachment 195935

Yep, that’s my plan is to pull it and then use some bed liner or similar. What did you do about the sound bar wiring?

Something else to be aware of also @Chris sometimes they're not completely painted....they must have run out of blue on mine

EDIT - Just read your comment above..Please ignore my comments above

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris
Yep, that’s my plan is to pull it and then use some bed liner or similar. What did you do about the sound bar wiring?
I used whatever the smaller conduit I could fit the wires in, I think 3/8’s but double check and then used black electrical tape to tie it up against the b pillar, and m3 zip tie - tie downs on the sound bar itself to keep the conduit between the b pillar and sound bar itself. If pull the electrical tape tight enough and pick the right placement for the tape like right behind the top of the seat belt adjuster. you’ll stop noticing the conduit and tape after the 2nd day and the sunshade really helps to hide the wiring up top.

If you zoom in on my b pillar you can see I lost the tape right at the seat belt but it’s hard to see the tape by the harness bar and the one at the top bend

246EC736-BEBF-497B-BC74-1130586D6E7E.jpeg