Lets see your best Jeep memes

1711589253192.png

That totally reminds of my CJ8, it probably cost me my second divorce. I really wish I had the money to take it to it's true potential. I made my way over the Rubicon trail many times with my young kids and it never let me down. And we did the trail on our own. Pretty damn impressive with all Jeeps in general.

OK I know not a Jeep but I've ways liked these rigs...

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1080341536380338

I've always loved the Pinzgauers.

If they could go faster than 55mph I'd have one.

They actually can if you do the VW TDI swap.

710 is 4x4 and 712 is 6x6.

Here's a video of one in the mud, but they are spectacular climbers.

Warning: Typical youtube video where abysmal music is added in order to completely ruin the viewing experience.

Reactions: reddvltj

Warning: Typical youtube video where abysmal music is added in order to completely ruin the viewing experience.

When I was stationed in Germany the second time I started a 4x4 club and the military wants you to have a sister club from the local area. I'd already been wheeling with this German 4x4 club so I knew a lot of the members. Between my broken German and their broken English we'd figure things out.
One of the members bought one of these Pinzgauers but the owners manual was in English so they'd called me up and asked me to come over to their shop to help explain what the manual was saying. So I got to play with it for a couple of weeks as we did all the maintenance and stuff. I was able to drive it on road & off too which was when I fell in love with them.

There was one For Sale about 15-20 years ago near Ft Lewis and I tried to buy it but the owner wanted way too much and it needed a lot of work. It is still on my list of rigs I'd own if I was to win the LOTTO.

I knew a couple who had one that they wheeled here in the PNW and had converted it into a camper van type of setup and I was always impressed at how well it did off-road. But like you said they are like the older UniMogs and if you want to go over 55 MPH you have to make some mods to it.

Reactions: RangerTJ

At first I thought it was a Pinzgauer too, but the front end didn't look right to me. Your video confirmed it...
When I was in the TImber Tamers we were on a run to Shaw Lake and ran into a group with a Unimog and a Pinz.... It was fun watching them work their way across a rock garden. There was a couple times the Pinz almost ended up on it's side. The Mog just walked the rocks like it was a paved highway.

The one in Rick's video is a Volvo Valp and it's owner's name, oddly enough, is Rick.

Reactions: Wildman
At first I thought it was a Pinzgauer too, but the front end didn't look right to me. Your video confirmed it...
When I was in the TImber Tamers we were on a run to Shaw Lake and ran into a group with a Unimog and a Pinz.... It was fun watching them work their way across a rock garden. There was a couple times the Pinz almost ended up on it's side. The Mog just walked the rocks like it was a paved highway.

The one in Rick's video is a Volvo Valp and it's owner's name, oddly enough, is Rick.

I knew it wasn't a Pinzgauer, but that wasn't clear in my response 😁

The Volvos are cool too, along with the Haflinger.

But I'll take the Pinzgauer every time.

The Haflinger is also made by Steyr Puch.

21781680180_832307f194_b.jpg

Like the Volvo, it looks like it would tip over backwards on a hill climb.

I knew it wasn't a Pinzgauer, but that wasn't clear in my response 😁

The Volvos are cool too, along with the Haflinger.

But I'll take the Pinzgauer every time.

The Haflinger is also made by Steyr Puch.

View attachment 513464

Like the Volvo, it looks like it would tip over backwards on a hill climb.

I have some Haflingers. Warm and comfy.

1711748627007.png