Let's see your vinyl wrapped TJs!

Just did the insert on the hood and the cowl ends. A friend did it for the price of the materials, but he said it would cost about $250.00.

A21F5FFA-3B5B-4113-979E-6755591D3167.jpeg

16F940AB-F285-4A9E-8588-1EEB3263F744.jpeg

How would a vinyl wrap hold up to tree branches and other offroad abuse? I would think it would tear easily but don't have any experience with it myself.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I don’t think that would work very well and that’s probably why you don’t see a lot of wrapped off-road vehicles, unless of course they’re advertising someone’s business. My TJ has been “striped” by branches countless times, there’s no way that a wrap would hold up to that kind of abuse.

Save the vinyl wraps for the mall crawlers... ;)

Reactions: KMET and IPerkWVU
guess where you live effects it a whole lot also. cheap black paintjob single stage $400 . not a show quality paint job by any means but at 1 mph you cant see any scratches or chips just shiny black paint. entire vehicle wrap started at $1500

D493569F-37D6-4605-BCFB-E920ABB758AB.jpeg
Just curious to know if anyone on here has a vinyl wrap on their TJ, how much you paid, and of course... pictures!

Is it easy to tell it was wrapped, or do you have to get up really close?

I want to say @CRGR wrapped his.
Not my TJ but I had just wrapped this suburban then I found my LJ and
D493569F-37D6-4605-BCFB-E920ABB758AB.jpeg
bought it. I paid about $1500 for the full wrap, satin metallic. Much cheaper than a paint job. This is what I was building for a hunting rig when I found the LJ

How would a vinyl wrap hold up to tree branches and other offroad abuse? I would think it would tear easily but don't have any experience with it myself.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
You'd be very surprised how strong the vinyl is,itll take alot. ALOT more than paint/clear coat. A good wrap will get you years of use without problems

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris
View attachment 41075
Not my TJ but I had just wrapped this suburban then I found my LJ and View attachment 41075 bought it. I paid about $1500 for the full wrap, satin metallic. Much cheaper than a paint job. This is what I was building for a hunting rig when I found the LJ

That looks awesome! I was thinking of a solid color wrap just like this. Just to experiment with a color change, without actually having to respray the whole thing.

I like the idea of a wrap but doing a Jeep Wrangler could have issues....I mean how far do you wrap it because you can see the colour of the Jeep on the inside by the kick panels and of course if your doorless then you'll have to wrap the door jams too...

I'm actually pretty keen to wrap mine in a Matt White. Kind of as a protective coating while wheeling. It really wouldn't be too hard, they are all flat surfaces! The only tricky parts being hinges. Much cheaper than a respray.

That looks awesome! I was thinking of a solid color wrap just like this. Just to experiment with a color change, without actually having to respray the whole thing.
Over 1/2 the rigs at sima are wrapped now, cost is a fraction and if you damage a panel it’s an easy fix.

Over 1/2 the rigs at sima are wrapped now, cost is a fraction and if you damage a panel it’s an easy fix.

Yep, that's my thought as well. And what people don't realize is that a good wrap will last quite a long time. It's also more durable against little things like rock chips.