Lift and tire size help

PRINDI

Any input will be greatly appreciated. Like to stay around $2500? I’ll do the work.
2003 TJ Rubicon 46k second owner. Never going to sell it, so want it right! Stock with a lot of interior/exterior upgrades. Going to be a runaround rig, tow behind the Motorhome and run the trails in the Cascade mountains, Blue mountains hunting, will definitely be stopping in Moab, Retired so it will see a lot of places. Not sure if I should run 33” or 35” tires
* Lifts I’m considering.
* Currie 4” short arm
* Terraflex 4” with shocks
* Rubicon Express 3.5” super flex
* If I piece meal it not sure what to do? I.E. Old man emu etc. you get the idea.

Reactions: Ron Hockett
Currie hands down. Forget the other two.

That would allow you to run 33s. When you're ready for 35s, simply slap on a 1.25" body lift.

Currie hands down. Forget the other two.

That would allow you to run 33s. When you're ready for 35s, simply slap on a 1.25" body lift.

X2 to this

I wouldn't even consider Currie in the same league as those other two.

Currie or Savvy would be the way to go if you have the money.

Reactions: voodooridr
Thnx guys. Appreciate it. Would probably consider a long arm if I didn’t have to cut and weld and probably more than what I need for my use. Wife has a 2017 chief so been looking for another to keep the miles off it, so who knows what I might do with whatever we find.

Thnx guys. Appreciate it. Would probably consider a long arm if I didn’t have to cut and weld and probably more than what I need for my use. Wife has a 2017 chief so been looking for another to keep the miles off it, so who knows what I might do with whatever we find.
Currie or Savvy lift to support 33’s

Be aware 33’s call for an SYE or A super short sye, brake upgrades, and re gearing. Some will argue that if youre going to regear, might as well lock it while youre in the diff.

It’s a rabbit hole.
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/a-beginners-guide-to-lifting-your-jeep-wrangler-tj.733/

Be aware 33’s call for an SYE or A super short sye, brake upgrades, and re gearing. Some will argue that if youre going to regear, might as well lock it.
It's a Rubicon so it doesn't have a SY to E. It also has lockers.

the more you know (2017_11_20 00_38_12 UTC).jpg

A Long Arm

inline_image_preview.jpg

I am running a Currie 4" lift in my 05 Rubicon and I LOVE IT. NO reason to go with a long arm kit

Any input will be greatly appreciated. Like to stay around $2500? I’ll do the work.
2003 TJ Rubicon 46k second owner. Never going to sell it, so want it right! Stock with a lot of interior/exterior upgrades. Going to be a runaround rig, tow behind the Motorhome and run the trails in the Cascade mountains, Blue mountains hunting, will definitely be stopping in Moab, Retired so it will see a lot of places. Not sure if I should run 33” or 35” tires
* Lifts I’m considering.
* Currie 4” short arm
* Terraflex 4” with shocks
* Rubicon Express 3.5” super flex
* If I piece meal it not sure what to do? I.E. Old man emu etc. you get the idea.
I have a 2004 Sport, I did a lot of research and went with TeraFlex 4” long arm pro lift. I also regeared to 4.88, and running 35” Falken Wildpeak M/T’s. I’ve had this setup for about 6 months and love it. I previously had a 3” short arm lift with 33’s, the difference in handling both on road and off road is like night and day. I too am retired and will be towing behind the motorhome. I am also from the PNW, recently moved back home in Oregon from Federal Way WA.

99FFBCC8-C36B-4F1E-8B5B-0542466F311E.jpeg

If you stay to a 32" tire then the 4.10s you have in your axles will still be great combo. If you need the 33s then you're gonna want to be looking at a regear for your axles. That will put you well over your $$ target.
32s on my 06 Rubicon puts my speedo within 1 mph up to 70 mph. Don't plan on going faster than that. And I still have plenty of torque throughout the entire RPM range. You could even get away using stock control arms for this. Just a 2=2 1/2" lift. And if you should ever decide to regear then just a 1" body puck lift and you're ready to put 33's, tho I doubt you'd need to.👍