Lift replacement and new tires

LilHammer97

TJ Enthusiast
Hey guys. I finally got a new engine in my jeep (2.4l) and I want to replace my coil spacer kit with a 2 or 2.5 inch lift with 32 inch tires also. I just dont have the money to regear right now. I do use the jeep on light to some what moderate trails. Will it be fine on 4.10 gears and 32 inch tires? It is a 5 speed so overdrive issues wont arise. Any advice or builds similar to what I want. Also it is my DD and does see some highway use but nothing on the interstate.
20190729_113952_HDR.jpg
20190729_114011_HDR.jpg
20190729_114057_HDR.jpg

How much coil spacer do you have now? What do you want to improve over it's current state?

Its a 2 inch teraflex spacer kit and an unknown brand of shocks. Previous owner done that and a 1 inch body lift. I just dont like how insanely bouncy it is. I also think its causing some of my vibration between 40-50 mph.

I have a 2.4 6-spd that had 31’s when I bought it. It was somewhat sluggish with factory gearing but nothing that you couldn’t live with. You should be fine with 32’s and 4.10 for awhile until you regear to 4.56 or 4.88. 5th gear will only be usable on flat roads though. My 05 SE came factory with 3.73 gears. The 2.4 has allot more pep than the old 2.5 so now with 4.56 gears and 33’s it has plenty of power to pull 6h gear at freeway speeds. You’ll be happy when you finally do regear.

I run the 2/2.5” Old Man Emu lift kit. That’s a higher end lift at $900 bucks. Throw in an adjustable front Track bar and disconnectable sway bar links and its about a $1500 proposition. With your body lift you can run up to 33’s. Many on this forum recommend the Rancho 5000x shocks as opposed to the Nitrocharger shocks that come with the OME kit. You can piece together a lift using the OME springs and Rancho shocks.

All this talk about lifts makes me wonder if I can run a 4.0 lift to give my some extra in the front for a bumper and winch I'm gonna install.

I have the OME light springs in my 4.0. New bumper and winch sagged the front less than 3/4". More like 1/2". Get the heavy springs and you should be fine.