North Carolina List of Carolinian off-roaders

@kameronkales Thanks for the offer! I'm still planning my build out but it will likely involve all the basics for off-roading.

If you ever need an extra set of hands let me know, I'm always down to learn something new.

I’m headed to Uwharrie on Friday (14 Oct) if anyone is able to meet up. Probably won’t arrive to the outpost until 11:00-12:00.

It looks as though I won't be able to make it. Looking at possibly going NEXT Friday tho...

As it turns out, I might not be able to go tomorrow after all due to some health issues with my wife. Won’t know until she gets some blood work done in the morning.

Definitely can’t next weekend. I work every other weekend. (Fri - Sun)

As it turns out, I might not be able to go tomorrow after all due to some health issues with my wife. Won’t know until she gets some blood work done in the morning.

Definitely can’t next weekend. I work every other weekend. (Fri - Sun)

Hope your wife is ok, good luck.

I assume that means your wife is all good. (y)

I wish I could make it, but life's been saying no all year. Take a pic or two for those of us stuck at work.

Yes, she’s ok, thank you. She’s got multiple things going on and sometimes they all hit her at once and it’s hard on her physically and mentally.

Reactions: Bargain Box
I assume that means your wife is all good. (y)

I wish I could make it, but life's been saying no all year. Take a pic or two for those of us stuck at work.

BE600835-DBA7-4519-9A13-74F9E8FA700B.jpeg

92288EC3-7B3C-450A-9BCC-FED98074CD2B.jpeg

860A0C96-F0F7-4BFC-AC9B-E82C16537192.jpeg

0158D3F4-4314-49AF-85FD-544B8C28D731.jpeg

C9539F6B-08D2-4243-AC46-8984FDB374B9.jpeg

@MountaineerTom @thekidwithquestions @Bargain Box and anyone else with knowledge and suggestions.

Work has slowed down for me, for better or worse, so I think I'm going to be able to take a trip to Uwharrie soon, maybe this Friday (11/11) pending weather and work. It's been many years since I've been to Uwharrie, and every time I've been there we were riding 4 wheelers, so driving a Jeep there will be new for me. On top of that, I'm probably going to bring my 2 year old (he loves riding the Jeep in the woods). I'm not interested in hard trails or much mud. With that said, do y'all have any suggestion of where we should ride, or avoid riding?

@MountaineerTom @thekidwithquestions @Bargain Box and anyone else with knowledge and suggestions.

Work has slowed down for me, for better or worse, so I think I'm going to be able to take a trip to Uwharrie soon, maybe this Friday (11/11) pending weather and work. It's been many years since I've been to Uwharrie, and every time I've been there we were riding 4 wheelers, so driving a Jeep there will be new for me. On top of that, I'm probably going to bring my 2 year old (he loves riding the Jeep in the woods). I'm not interested in hard trails or much mud. With that said, do y'all have any suggestion of where we should ride, or avoid riding?

if you aren't looking for a challenge avoid Dickey bell and the Daniel, other than that everything is pretty easy, Rocky Mountain loop has a few fun obstacles which could pose a challenge, but are not hard. Dutch John is also a fun one and is easier in my opinion. I would also recommend the back side of the Daniel, its a blast, the really hard part is at the very beginning of the front side so going from the back you can turn around when you reach the top and avoid it, but there are some fun parts, the very top where you would turn around is also a great spot for a lunch as the view is great.

if you aren't looking for a challenge avoid Dickey bell and the Daniel, other than that everything is pretty easy, Rocky Mountain loop has a few fun obstacles which could pose a challenge, but are not hard. Dutch John is also a fun one and is easier in my opinion. I would also recommend the back side of the Daniel, its a blast, the really hard part is at the very beginning of the front side so going from the back you can turn around when you reach the top and avoid it, but there are some fun parts, the very top where you would turn around is also a great spot for a lunch as the view is great.

I agree with this. I think Dutch John is my favorite trail. I like taking it from Wolf Den so that you get to climb the big hill near the end. I won't say it's hard, but if it's wet and rainy from the remnants of Hurricane Nicole, it could be pretty difficult in some areas.

Reactions: BlueC
I wish I could go with you on Friday but I work in the backup power industry so I'm slammed getting ready for the storm.

Reactions: BlueC