LJ Info Needed

Also, dropping t-case vs raising motor. I am hoping to stay away from driveline angle issues or any other Jeep modification quirks that can happen when lifting.
At 3.5" you probably won't have too many driveline issues.
Mostly because of the Rubicon Unlimited's rear driveshaft.
You could also do 3" plus a small body lift and still fit 285s.
Keep in mind some 3.5" (TJ) lifts might end up being a little less on an LJ.

It's got just over 200k and I'll deffinately have to find replacements. Pissed at myself for being in such a hurry to clean it up.

Been sitting for about 5 yrs and orig owner was a pig, so all the interior needs to come out for a deep deep cleaning. Did fire up with fresh fuel and run like a sewing machine. There were limited maintenance records available amd most were thrown on the floor with all the other trash.

I'm normally a researching fool, but screwed up on them decals.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about having removed those decals, it's still the same Jeep and I bet almost half of the RubiHaras have gotten too rusty and/or have been abused. I've never even noticed one in person but from what I see in those pictures those decals look like they were $2 each/ 3 for $5 at the flea market I just left.

FWIW, I've had two wisdom teeth removed and still have 27 more teeth than the lady selling stickers.

If you are a Facebook person, look into the Rubihara Owners Group Facebook Rubihara Owners Group
You can find info there on purchasing the decals and possibly obtaining a replacement dash plaque for your LJ.

Congrats on the new to you LJ!

I'm not much of a FB person, but once you figure out the number of your Rubihara, add it to the known number list on that page. I have one and it's kind of cool to see the surviving ones and where they all live.

I am in the camp of "no mods" for your Rubihara. There are still lots of LJs out there but only 1,000 of these. Mine came to me already lifted so it is what it is. But if I had a choice, I'd have a stock Rubihara and pick up a second LJ to lift and put bigger tires on...but I'm also an LJ hoarder, so you can't put too much stock in my opinion. ;)

Thanks again for the info and input. Good news (because of my screw up), got ahold of Pixel Decals and two sets of the decals are on the way. Don was great and I’ll have them by the time I get home from vaca. Hopefully will never need the second set…but I’ll have them! Also going to try Imperial Marketing and see if I can get help with what number it is. I’ve read that at one point guys had good luck, but there are new/different folks there who have not been so helpful. Any recent experiences anyone can share?

As I’ve really looked it over and made a list of the obvious things I want to get ordered, I have done some research but not having good luck. Looking for the original colored soft top (dark khaki/brown, but hard to tell because of its condition) and only seeing black available. I’m hoping someone makes it or I may go to a painted hardtop to maintain this color. I also want to replace the gray colored carpeting. The back floor and wheel wells are decent, if I can find the same grey (not like the bedrug) for the font and back passenger foot area. Or I’ll get all the pieces if there is a good quality comparable color out there.

Lastly is the lift. I want to be able to comfortably run 285/75’s (still stuck on just doing suspension) off road but maintain a good, comfortable drive-ability on the street. I’ve been looking at 3.5 kits from Rubicon Express and Teraflex. Both look to have good quality progressive springs. Trying to read through info on what height lift really should have control arms, track bar vs bracket, etc. Also, dropping t-case vs raising motor. I am hoping to stay away from driveline angle issues or any other Jeep modification quirks that can happen when lifting. This may be an impossible ask if I want it all to be removable without any permanent modifications.

I‘ve got some catching up to do when it comes to learning these Jeeps! Any of your thoughts/suggestions/experiences are certainly welcomed. I’ve been doing a lot of asking, but plan to give back when I have a chance. (Hopefully not a bad thing, but I must admit that I was an FJ guy for a number of years and went thru 3 of them. Only had this Jeep a few days and already like it better than any of the FJ’s!)

I have a khaki soft top that has been in my garage since I took it off my 06 LJ Rubi when it was about a year old. Not sure what it is worth or where in Cali that you’re located. I would consider selling it.

Not sure where you at in CA but I may be selling my oem hardtop. My rubicon is the same color as yours so I’d assume the top matches your Jeep. But there is another forum member I’d have to check with first if I do sell it.

What ever you do decide to do keep all the parts that you remove. It’s your TJ do what makes you happy. Remember in the Wrangler world one upgrade leads to another.

Thanks for the input and will see if I can PM the two of you about the tops.

Was on vacation so haven't touched the Jeep but did order/recieve new ACC Essex carpeting. Nice stuff but thier forming doesn't look all that great. Will see how it goes when I install. Also finally bought a small steam cleaner for these projects to deep clean the seats and interior panels.

I did try calling 5 different phone numbers for Imperial Marketing to see what I could find out. Was able to leave a message on one of the numbers, so waiting to hear back. Reading about other people's experiences , it sounds like there was someone there that was helpful, but she left a few years ago. I have resisted FB, but may need to hop on that train so I can connect with the owners group and marketplace. This may be my best bet to get info related to numbering.

Done a bit more looking at lifts and leaning in the direction of simple/easy like an OME 2 or 2.5 and going 275/70's.

I plan on spending time this weekend to somewhat finalize the "needs" list. I'm sure this is going to include just doing brakes/rotors, hoses, and that sort of stuff since it's been sitting. With the short term goal of getting it on the road so I can get thru the CA smog BS!

It certainly could be operator error…but I do not see a way to send Fire814 and Danarch a private message. Am I missing something or maybe because I am a new member? Any help on this would be appreciated. I‘m a bit hesitant to post contact info (email or phone #).

I did make some headway yesterday and today with general cleanup. After spending time on the site now, I think may be best to move what I am doing to a build thread to cover what I’ll be doing.

Diablodog, pretty sure you need 20 posts or to become a supporting member in order to private message people! Love the LJ btw