LJ lift advice

I have a 05 LJ with the DPG lift kit package, I have had it for 11+ years and for the most part am very happy with it. Here is what I like and what I don't particularly care for:
OME HD springs are awesome, they ride a little stiff but are way better than stock and the lift looks just right (IMHO) on an LJ with 285 75R16
The JKS 1 1/4" body lift is perfect for allowing a 1" MML, this makes everything line up much better and negates any chance of interference from the engine/trans/ etc. when the drive line is tilted
The JKS track bar (when I did mine no one even bothered messing with the back one) in the front is junk, their articulating joint at the frame end froze despite regular application of grease. I much prefer the Metalcloak track bar I now have
OME shocks (they have since changed dramatically) that came with my kit were junk, the right front blew within 3 months of being installed
The JKS sway bar disconnects are ok, nothing spectacular and they have tended to loosen up a few times at the sway bar end.......

An LJ does not have a double cardon joint in the rear drive shaft, but it does not have a slip yoke either. With this size lift you will not need to do anything to your drive shafts.

You can run stock control arms with issue, mine have 112,000 miles on them and I am just now looking at replacing them.......

Hope this helps.....
I told you guys not to get the JKS trackbar, that MC is way better, even at low lifts. 11 years experience guys! 11 years. I’m not saying JKS may not have improved that component, but I am saying MC is better.

And BL and MML get rough treatment around here. Yet I fully agree with their function on a TJ. Engineering wise they are not hurting anything. Blaine said the BL is the single best mod for the money, and you guys run like cockroaches in the light.
To both of you, isn’t the jks trackbar frame end side a JJ? Why replace it with a durotrak bushing ($180 trackbar) if you could just rebuild next to nothing?

To both of you, isn’t the jks trackbar frame end side a JJ? Why replace it with a durotrak bushing ($180 trackbar) if you could just rebuild next to nothing?

Exactly. I've had my JKS TB for 9 years with no problems what so ever. If the JJ gave up , it's like $20 to rebuild the joint.

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara
Exactly. I've had my JKS TB for 9 years with no problems what so ever. If the JJ gave up , it's like $20 to rebuild the joint.
Because you never have to rebuild the Duroflex joint. Duh! You guys should get out more. ;)

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara