Locking hood latch recommendations

bcombs18

I've experimented with a few different hood locks and latches and can't find one I like. I want one that looks like this, however, I cannot find one that will fit on a '98 Jeep Wrangler. I have had two other locks. This one is the current lock I have. They can be somewhat difficult to get unlocked sometimes and after two years, they no longer are able to lock anymore. The mechanism that locks the bolt has failed on each side. I have also had this type of lock and quickly got rid of it. I was too difficult to reach and often times would take 10+ minutes of screwing around with it to get it to open. When I finally got rid of it, the lock had to be disassembled from the inside the get my hood open! Does anyone have a good locking hood latch similar to the one I mentioned? Or some sort of mod that would allow that one to be mounted on my Jeep?

Any suggestions and input are greatly appreciated!

For the TJ, don't get the type that lock onto the secondary/safety latch. They are easily defeated.

The one you linked, from Amazon just had push pins (and is 1/3 the price). The Drake version actually has a key lock. Do yours have a key also? Drake makes stout products.

For what it's worth. I just got rid of my hood locks. I just found it to be annoying. They never locked right. And it was time consuming to lock and unlock them. If you had an engine fire I doubt you could get them open with the heat to extinguish anything. And certainly not in time.

In the end they were just a hassle. I have AAA if someone steals my battery. What else are they gonna do? Take the engine out. lol. I'm being funny. But really they create more hassle than they're worth IMHO. Is there something specifically your trying to avoid having ripped off or damaged?

This is the only hood lock that is foolproof.

I have the Tuffy lock. While it’s not the hardest to defeat, it works alright. Most of the time I leave it unlocked unless I’m going somewhere where I won’t be around the Jeep for an extended period of time.
I’d also like to find another kind, just to make it more difficult