LOD signature series rear bumper / tire carrier info and pics

Don't have the can holders, but I would think they would.
I've been considering wiring in a low pro led bar for the reverse lights, after I do an LED swap in the housing. I like the look of it without them and don't know if I'd order a rear bumper with lights installed.

Reactions: ShredAZ
@MountaineerTom @TheShakes90 if you had to do it again, would you opt for the Rigid Dually cutouts or no light cutout?
I prefer the looks of the round halogens, but the output is dismal and you have to drop the bumper to replace the bulb...

Another question - any idea if the Scepter MilSpec fuel/water jugs fit the jerry can holders? Assume they do since dimensions are mostly similar.

Edit: Or take a measurement of the base dimensions.

I doubt I’d get the Rigid style cutouts for 2 reasons. I don’t like the look of the rigid lights and I don’t want to pay that much for rigid lights. I would probably go with the round lights again. I’m thinking I might be able to get in there enough to get them loose and change a bulb. I’ve been thinking of trying to find an LED H3 bulbs to try in there, but it just hasn’t been high enough on my priority list. I have Seen where some people get a small 3/4 to 1 inch LED flush mount light and drill a small hole in their bumper to install it. I don’t know the details of those lights as far as brightness, but I’m guessing they are used as reverse lights instead of majorly lighting something up.

A plain bumper would be a good route to go if you want to add some surface mount lights of your choice. All you’d need to do is cut the hole size you need.

I‘ve thought about trying these too, but haven’t got that far yet. I think by my measurements, you’d have to trim a tiny bit off of the bottom of the light housing, where the bumper rolls under, if you didn’t want it hanging down a little bit.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076BPJCMW/?tag=wranglerorg-20

As far as the can holders, the only thing I’ve tried are the Wavian fuel cans, Wavian water can and a (I think) a Scepter water can. All fit, the water cans were a little snug but they are flexible and still fit anyway.

As far as the can holders, the only thing I’ve tried are the Wavian fuel cans, Wavian water can and a (I think) a Scepter water can. All fit, the water cans were a little snug but they are flexible and still fit anyway.

Great news! Did you recall if the Scepter water can looked like this? This is the NATO/Milspec style. They also offer a Civi version that has slightly larger dimensions.
09E00BAC-E1F7-4A9B-8539-90AEE0EA3211.jpeg

Last edited:
I think they are, but let me check. I think I have a pic of them somewhere on this site.

Yes, they do. I put one in to test fit it, clamped down nice and tight. I haven’t actually traveled around with one yet though.

Yes, they do. I put one in to test fit it, clamped down nice and tight. I haven’t actually traveled around with one yet though.
Good enough for me! LOD's customer service couldn't answer that question without having a jug to test fit. We couldn't find exact dimensions of the mount either.

You've been a huge help man. Send me your Venmo and I'll buy you a beer :LOL:

Last edited:
:ROFLMAO: No problem.

I’ll try to remember to get measurement for you of the mount. My two oldest boys are in town and heading out tomorrow so I want to look their car over and make sure everything is up to par. They each have their own talents, but automotive isn’t one of them. LOL

If I forget, just remind me.

What all measurements do you want?

:ROFLMAO: No problem.

I’ll try to remember to get measurement for you of the mount. My two oldest boys are in town and heading out tomorrow so I want to look their car over and make sure everything is up to par. They each have their own talents, but automotive isn’t one of them. LOL

If I forget, just remind me.

What all measurements do you want?
Hah! That's exactly what dads are for!

I'm just looking for the max length and width the base will accommodate. And the max height the strap will accommodate.

Reactions: MountaineerTom
Alright @ShredAZ , I decided to do an oil change on my sons car when I got home from work, so since I was out in the shop I got the info and pics of the can carriers for you.

It’s about:
13-13/16 inches long
6-11/16 inches wide
18-1/2 inches tall

They weight 10.4 lbs each. That’s the mount base and the bracket that holds the can in place.

For the height, I had the nylon lock nuts fully engaged on the threads so the nuts were just past flush with the threaded stud. I wouldn’t want it any less than that.

44CA9716-51CD-4E81-956B-80AAF37E3310.jpeg

3DBBB978-EF51-43D1-B7EA-C4E0EE1E3AF9.jpeg

17F8405C-4F3A-4131-9166-111AE7072F35.jpeg

——-
The LCI can is the tallest. It was hard to get the nuts started on the threads trying to install it on the work bench with everything moving around. I don’t remember it being hard to install when the mounts were on the Jeep. Maybe the sturdiness of it made it easier. You can see I’ve double sided taped some rubber sheet to the base. It’s 1/8 inch thick rubber plus however thick the 3M double sided tape is. I did that to help prevent rattling and more importantly rubbing paint off. I may need to rethink that and just remove it so they LCI cans are easier to get clamped down.

216F42CD-D0AB-4815-861C-43E0F0DE8C96.jpeg

F02A8BD9-DE7B-4912-872B-BE06C7E487C0.jpeg

AFB338C2-F689-4412-8AD0-8C5192FF3D95.jpeg

F7849EB1-3309-425F-A904-F1615B83C611.jpeg

——-
The Wavian water can is slightly wider at the base than the LCI, but will still squeeze down in there. Plenty of threads available to tighten down. The mount blocks the port to add a spigot to the can. I may cut out a half circle in the mount to allow access to it like another member here has done.

82C4DD54-4637-4252-958A-979A84BF8D97.jpeg

——-
The Wavian jerry can has plenty of threads available to tighten down too.

77007AEA-B74C-4BE5-98D8-3240525F1F2B.jpeg

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tob and ShredAZ
I wouldn't get the round lights. They really limit your options and are pretty crappy themselves. I'd do the squares simply because the light output would be effective, or no cut outs for the better look.

I wouldn't get the round lights. They really limit your options and are pretty crappy themselves. I'd do the squares simply because the light output would be effective, or no cut outs for the better look.
I'm leaning towards no light cutouts myself.
I really like the look of the round, but I don't want to gamble on trying to find a light that fits "close enough."

Once Gobi's lead times are shorter than 6 months, I'll be buying a rack too. I plan to mount some small reverse/work lights on the back.

Edit: Found a picture of the TJ Bumper with Rigid cut outs. Not terrible, but not really my style either.
1616175175090.png

Last edited:
Ordered the bumper with trail rack and Jerrycan mounts this afternoon! Thanks again for all the help. Will reward the thread with pictures + a writeup when it arrives (2-4 week lead time).

When you get it, if you don’t mind, see how this bracket looks on yours. I was told it was for hooking up safety chains after feeding them through the holes in the bottom of the bumper. If so, mine was put on upside down and the crossmember blocks it.

3800C515-4D85-441E-89A3-F4DB5D2F6C9B.jpeg

When you get it, if you don’t mind, see how this bracket looks on yours. I was told it was for hooking up safety chains after feeding them through the holes in the bottom of the bumper. If so, mine was put on upside down and the crossmember blocks it.

View attachment 235678
those are additional holes they want you to mark/drill/bolt for additional support for the tow hitch, I never did that. you should be able to tell if that plate is flush with the other mounting plates.

Reactions: MountaineerTom