Long center console bracket?

Deuxdiesel

TJ Enthusiast
I found a long console to replace the short version on my SE, and everything bolts up fine except for the two holes on the bottom of the passenger side arm rest portion. There are two holes in the vertical portion near the e-brake lever bracket, so I assume there was some sort of other mounting arrangement that I did not get. Any idea what this looks like so I can go searching for one?

Thanks.

I found a long console to replace the short version on my SE, and everything bolts up fine except for the two holes on the bottom of the passenger side arm rest portion. There are two holes in the vertical portion near the e-brake lever bracket, so I assume there was some sort of other mounting arrangement that I did not get. Any idea what this looks like so I can go searching for one?

Thanks.
The longer piece with the holes in it for the side of the console screws is on the parking brake lever floor bracket. Get the bracket from a long console version.

I found this one on eBay. You have to look closely at it and all the other ones so far, do not have the screw holes for the early console even though they are listed as compatible.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=192913055963

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Can you snap off a couple photos? I replaced my center console a while back, but I can’t picture what you’re talking about.

Can you snap off a couple photos? I replaced my center console a while back, but I can’t picture what you’re talking about.
The early full console has holes at the bottom of the console compartment portion down near the floor line that face the seats. You have to move the seat forward to access them. They moved them to the back when they added the cupholders at the back of the console and the holes are straight down into the floor in those.

Can you snap off a couple photos?

I just got a full center console for my 99 SE as well. I think I can do without the two screws you are talking about on the lower right side, but it also seems to need a bracket up front that catches the tab on the console to stabilize it. Anyone able to snap a photo of how it looks? I might just drill through the tab and into the floor. Ideas?