Looking 4 some advice on tire size

wilmeister13

Hi, Jeepers I am looking for some advise on my TJ unlimited 06. I am doing a suspension lift 3" and need advice on what tire size I should go with 33 or 35 I'll be doing mostly highway traveling and maybe some off road....
don't want to change the gear ratio yet. What's best?

I have a 2004 Wrangler. It has a Rubicon Express 3.5 lift and i run 33"s without an issue. If you run anything bigger, you will want to re-gear. My jeep is pretty gutless with 373 gears. My plan is to re-gear with 488 and go to 35's. At that time, I will likely go to a 4.5 lift because I think the 3.5 lift isnt really going to give the clearance i need. I dont really want to go with the body lift to gain the clearance.

Hi, Jeepers I am looking for some advise on my TJ unlimited 06. I am doing a suspension lift 3" and need advice on what tire size I should go with 33 or 35 I'll be doing mostly highway traveling and maybe some off road....
don't want to change the gear ratio yet. What's best?
33s need close to 4" total lift. 35s are most commonly fitted with 4" of spring and a small body lift. Otherwise, you'll need to cut and move the body out of the way of you want to maintain factory suspension travels.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
I have a 3in suspension & 1.25 body, and currently run 33's. I've had it that way since I bought the jeep 4 years ago, and it's served me well. Re-gearing will depend on your current transmission and gearing. My transmission is different then yours, but I currently have 3.73, and 5th gear for me is terrible. I'm moving to 35s and 4.88 at the end of the month.

I have a 2004 Wrangler. It has a Rubicon Express 3.5 lift and i run 33"s without an issue. If you run anything bigger, you will want to re-gear. My jeep is pretty gutless with 373 gears. My plan is to re-gear with 488 and go to 35's. At that time, I will likely go to a 4.5 lift because I think the 3.5 lift isnt really going to give the clearance i need. I dont really want to go with the body lift to gain the clearance.
A 4" suspension lift plus a 1" body lift is ideal for 35's. There's not a thing wrong with a small 1" or 1.25" body lift. Most of us with lifts run small body lifts like that. I'd rather have that 4" SL + 1" BL combination than a 5" SL. The 4+1 has a slightly lower COG and the drivetrain angle is not quite as steep as you'd get with a 5" (for example) suspension lift.