Looking for a new radio

ac_

zombicon
Supporting Member
I want to buy a new radio for my TJ. I want it to be fairly simple like with a volume knob as apposed to volume buttons, and radio presets. I needs to have a aux jack in the front, and it needs to be able to bluetooth music. My JVC Doest that fine but I am getting a new phone and the radio is too old and wont sync with the new phones for some reason.

I really need the radio to pair with an iphone 8.

I will take all suggestions. Don't really like the JVC's to be honest though, but not a deal breaker.

Oh and show pictures if possible

The iPhone 8 is pretty new. Not sure many folks have installed a new head unit since it came out. Actually glad you posted this bc I don’t want to lose Bluetooth capability when I upgrade my phone!

Can’t help with new head unit but try Crutchfield. They have a great selection, filters to narrow down what options you want and fantastic customer service. One thing I would make sure and include are water resistance for possible moisture when top down and black letters on a light background for visibility of the digital readout on those sunny, topless, doorless days I’m yearning for!

Reactions: bobthetj03
The iPhone 8 is pretty new. Not sure many folks have installed a new head unit since it came out. Actually glad you posted this bc I don’t want to lose Bluetooth capability when I upgrade my phone!

Can’t help with new head unit but try Crutchfield. They have a great selection, filters to narrow down what options you want and fantastic customer service. One thing I would make sure and include are water resistance for possible moisture when top down and black letters on a light background for visibility of the digital readout on those sunny, topless, doorless days I’m yearning for!

Great advice thank you!

I will look into this one today. Are you rockin it with your Iphone?
Android for me, but my wife has her iPhone synced to it, and it seems to work fine with it. I have next to no hands on use with the stereo and an iPhone though, so can't really say how well it works.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Maybe I'll skip the CD and see if I can adapt this into my Jeep. :)
Chevy radio.jpg

I want to buy a new radio for my TJ. I want it to be fairly simple like with a volume knob as apposed to volume buttons, and radio presets. I needs to have a aux jack in the front, and it needs to be able to bluetooth music. My JVC Doest that fine but I am getting a new phone and the radio is too old and wont sync with the new phones for some reason.

I really need the radio to pair with an iphone 8.

I will take all suggestions. Don't really like the JVC's to be honest though, but not a deal breaker.

Oh and show pictures if possible
I like my custom built radio :). Really deters theft which is a problem in these parts:

F7675873-0B06-45B4-8183-4A065B197EDE.jpeg
12B32BA7-F9C7-4329-818F-495611F30603.jpeg
4C049C62-D920-436E-97D7-84C4A35BE1EF.jpeg
790F7AF9-BE67-4239-8D28-2D848E8D15E1.jpeg

I have a sirius unit ran in the glovebox with the aux cord. I keep the station on my girlfriends station nearly 24/7. Really digging the setup :D.

I should have gone with the kenwood, I just got a jvc from them and it won't hook up to my iphone 6...sees it, then deletes the pairing on it's own.

Finding the same issue with my JVC works great with android but the IPhone7 shows it but keeps alerting pairing unsuccessful.

Reactions: ac_
Friend of mine is testing/running a new radio from Clarion (M508) that is modeled after the 90’s radios that were supplied in OEM vehicles. It has a few new touches as far the face goes, yet still resembles the 90’s when our Jeeps were built. He is running it in his old Porshe. Like most aftermarket radios it doesnt scream, “cheap.” Arguably it compliments the 90’s simple dashes. It also is marine spec so water, dust, and dirt tough.

It will be released Jan/Feb 2018 to us normies. I think it is beautiful. Its aftermarket yet still has the OEM touch. Ive already gave him the money for 3 of them for my Jeeps. Has blue tooth and front AUX.
712205C2-9080-4710-AF4C-A9CEAEF4E9F7.jpeg

1068F5E5-D5FD-4D6E-8635-3C1067563D24.jpeg