Looking for a new radio

Friend of mine is testing/running a new radio from Clarion (M508) that is modeled after the 90’s radios that were supplied in OEM vehicles. It has a few new touches as far the face goes, yet still resembles the 90’s when our Jeeps were built. He is running it in his old Porshe. Like most aftermarket radios it doesnt scream, “cheap.” Arguably it compliments the 90’s simple dashes. It also is marine spec so water, dust, and dirt tough.

It will be released Jan/Feb 2018 to us normies. I think it is beautiful. Its aftermarket yet still has the OEM touch. Ive already gave him the money for 3 of them for my Jeeps. Has blue tooth and front AUX.
View attachment 26266
View attachment 26265

Hell yeah, that is awesome!

Reactions: Fouledplugs
Fouledplugs is that your 911 in the background of the pic?? I think that might be my next toy. Anyway just got off the phone with crutchfield on my new JVC and after trying to connect my Iphone unsuccessfully, they are sending me a sony to replace. No questions asked, even no packaging to return it in. That is customer service.

Fouledplugs is that your 911 in the background of the pic?? I think that might be my next toy. Anyway just got off the phone with crutchfield on my new JVC and after trying to connect my Iphone unsuccessfully, they are sending me a sony to replace. No questions asked, even no packaging to return it in. That is customer service.
That kind of customer service is hard to beat. Glad to hear the good news.

Reactions: ac_
Nope. My current Porshe is pearl white :p

Found a bit more info here:

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...ia-source-systems-at-ibex-2017-300521840.html

It's the M508 and it's toward the end of that PR. Also has this image of the display powered on.
image.jpeg
Another site lists the MSRP as $170. Looks really great, has me seriously reconsidering the JVC I've been looking at!

Reactions: Shane Mckinley
Friend of mine is testing/running a new radio from Clarion (M508) that is modeled after the 90’s radios that were supplied in OEM vehicles. It has a few new touches as far the face goes, yet still resembles the 90’s when our Jeeps were built. He is running it in his old Porshe. Like most aftermarket radios it doesnt scream, “cheap.” Arguably it compliments the 90’s simple dashes. It also is marine spec so water, dust, and dirt tough.

It will be released Jan/Feb 2018 to us normies. I think it is beautiful. Its aftermarket yet still has the OEM touch. Ive already gave him the money for 3 of them for my Jeeps. Has blue tooth and front AUX.
View attachment 26266
View attachment 26265
Does it have a removal face plate too?

Finding the same issue with my JVC works great with android but the IPhone7 shows it but keeps alerting pairing unsuccessful.
I was having this same issue with my JVC and iPhone 6S. I found that when the head unit screen shows your phone name (while it's trying to pair), you have to press the knob in order for it to stick. I wasn't able to connect for almost a year until I accidentally pressed the knob/button and it finally paired.

I wish I could find a radio where I turn a knob and it goes on/off. Twist another knob and I can find stations with it. And a little slot where I can where I can slide a CD into it .....

No CD slot but it is simple....

Retro sound Newport

66C26C98-ECEF-481D-8D08-F5D96A18E6E3.jpeg

Oh and it’s pretty pricey. $340. But it does match any vehicle from 1980-2005.

1ABB9C7D-B672-4DBF-BF18-D5ED72D6B414.jpeg

I was having this same issue with my JVC and iPhone 6S. I found that when the head unit screen shows your phone name (while it's trying to pair), you have to press the knob in order for it to stick. I wasn't able to connect for almost a year until I accidentally pressed the knob/button and it finally paired.
Iactually found that on line too but it just kept giving me paired unsuccessful, but I was using a 7. I will try it again when i get my 8: but most likely will upgrade anyway. Really liking some of theses others suggested.

I wish I had your answer 3 days ago, as it worked on my JVC....unfortunately crutchfield is sending me a sony to replace the JVC....now what?