Florida Looking for high line fender shop in West Florida

Davis

Supporting Member
I’m looking to get a high line fender kit installed on my LJ. Specially I’m concerned with cutting the hood myself. I want to make sure it comes out looking clean. I live in Bradenton, Fl. Does anyone know of a shop that has experience with this? I called several local shops and none had heard of it.

The hood is the easy part really... finding a new home for everything was the PITA!

I think @starkey480 would agree!
None of it was difficult, just tedious. I spent a lot of time thinking about how I wanted to cut my hood. A lot more time thinking than actually cutting that’s for sure. Golden rule is cut low, you can always take more off later.

I highly doubt many shops would take this on. I would consider doing it yourself it isn't hard work it's about being creative and give and take.

Reactions: kickice24
I highly doubt many shops would take this on. I would consider doing it yourself it isn't hard work it's about being creative and give and take.
The cutting is the only part im worried about, because it's somewhat irreversible. Time is a big factor for me as well. It would be hard for me to take a whole weekend to do it myself unfortunately.

Buy a high line hood ;)
AEV stopped making theirs, and when they do come up they're priced ridiculously... then they still have to be painted. The only ones I have seen for sale are fiberglass, which I'm not a fan of the way they lock in and theyre flimsy. I figure if I can find a shop to do this, even 2 full days of work running around $1,000 - $1,200 would be worth it.

AEV stopped making theirs, and when they do come up they're priced ridiculously... then they still have to be painted. The only ones I have seen for sale are fiberglass, which I'm not a fan of the way they lock in and theyre flimsy. I figure if I can find a shop to do this, even 2 full days of work running around $1,000 - $1,200 would be worth it.
Gotta pay to play, one way or the other.

You might want to broaden your search to Tampa or Orlando. I don't know of any shops there, but doesn't surprise me local shops have never heard of a hi line.

You might want to broaden your search to Tampa or Orlando. I don't know of any shops there, but doesn't surprise me local shops have never heard of a hi line.
I’ve tried tampa and st Pete. West Florida is considering basically from Tampa area down to Naples. I’d be open to Orlando also although I haven’t actually looked there

I’m looking to get a high line fender kit installed on my LJ. Specially I’m concerned with cutting the hood myself. I want to make sure it comes out looking clean. I live in Bradenton, Fl. Does anyone know of a shop that has experience with this? I called several local shops and none had heard of it.
Only shop I know of is on the east coast here in Pompano Beach, https://www.brandonsautoandtruck.com/

You've never seen a glass hood done well then.
DSC_5412.JPG