Looking for opinions on rocker guards

Norty05LJ

Supporting Member
1353ED44-D003-4160-B06F-AA17539D9613.png
Looking at replacement my current rocker guards, seems I bent one on some rocks fairly easily! Looking at the ones made by LoD ! Anyone have an opinion on that brand or a better brand that you tested on hard hits! Oh yea, I’ve got a 05 Unlimited LJ- which I believe limits a
lot of brands. Thanks 🙏!

Check out Savvy's 3-piece rocker guards designed by mrblaine. The base is 2 pieces of heavy aluminum that sandwich the tub and the 3rd is the heavy steel outer guard. It holds up to major impacts like my TJ has seen a lot of. I bent my previous rocker guards.

These photos show my previous TJ, I'm running these on my present TJ too.

CIMG3520.jpg
CIMG3540.jpg
CIMG3543.jpg
CIMG3545.jpg
CIMG3558.jpg

Check out Savvy's 3-piece rocker guards designed by mrblaine. The base is 2 pieces of heavy aluminum that sandwich the tub and the 3rd is the heavy steel outer guard. It holds up to major impacts like my TJ has seen a lot of. I bent my previous rocker guards.

These photos show my previous TJ, I'm running these on my present TJ too.

View attachment 153864View attachment 153865View attachment 153866View attachment 153867View attachment 153868
Thanks Jerry! Those do look super strong! Like the idea of that inter sandwich piece (other than pulling the interior out 🤪)
Question for you- some of the guards promote the 45 degree angle to help slide off a hazard and not get hung up ! Your feelings on this- Thanks again- I’ve always value your opinions because I guess you’ve been there-done that and are always here to help! Ok enough bull, Let’s Ride!

Jerry I just checked out the Savvy site, your pics are better! Question- LoD show a frame mount system instead of a rocker sandwich- your or anyone else’s thoughts on a frame mount

Last edited:
Thanks Jerry! Those do look super strong! Like the idea of that inter sandwich piece (other than pulling the interior out 🤪)
Question for you- some of the guards promote the 45 degree angle to help slide off a hazard and not get hung up ! Your feelings on this- Thanks again- I’ve always value your opinions because I guess you’ve been there-done that and are always here to help! Ok enough bull, Let’s Ride!

Jerry I just checked out the Savvy site, your pics are better! Question- LoD show a frame mount system instead of a rocker sandwich- your or anyone else’s thoughts on a frame mount
Frame mounting may sound stronger but it's not even close to being as strong as tub mounted which also provide more ground clearance with nothing to get hung up on.

Reactions: Norty05LJ