Looking for suggestions on a louder horn

Viking Jeeper

2A Supporter
Supporting Member
I was waiting to turn left at a stop light. My light turned green and I started then saw a texting minivan driver running the light so I stopped. I honked at her but my stock horn on my 05 was not even loud enough to get her attention to look up from her phone.

I need a louder horn. What does everyone like?

This has been on my to do list but as of right now its at the top.

Thanks!

That's a different version (and cheaper) than the wolo that I have.
Works great!

I had a little old lady run me off into a ditch the other day. My horn is pretty lame too. I'm thinking an "oogah" horn.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
I put in a pair out of a 05 jeep liberty. Horns and brackets where like 10$ at the local pick n pull.Better than what was there.

I installed them on either side of the engine behind each headlight.
825955A3-21FE-42E4-83DB-E752C7539026.jpeg

There were existing holes that I used to mount the horns. They were larger than the bolts I used but I just used some large fender washers and lock-nuts to mount them.

Hmm... cheaper solution. My daughter has an 05 Dodge Magnum that'll be heading to the scrapyard in a week or so (blown engine amongst other ailments). I might have to go peek under it's hood with a socket and wire cutters.

I wish I had a photo of the big chrome air horn I installed in my previous TJ. It was powered by the OBA air tank and it put out a loud deep sound like a ship or train air horn. Did I say it was loud lol?

Do you remember where you mounted your airhorn? I ordered one a month or so ago and I'm still trying to figure out a mounting spot.

Did you just tap both into the existing wiring?

In that amazon link, I see they with and without relays. Just wondering in you used another relay or just used existing wiring.

Looking at the pic, it looks like he just tapped them both off of the existing wire to the original horn with a plastic splice connector. Not too far off of what I'm intending on doing the set of dual horns I just liberated from a recently deceased Magnum.

Still going to do the oogah horn as a secondary attention getter.

I could see one splice, just wasn’t sure if but we’re and if a relay was in there somewhere.

I could see one splice, just wasn’t sure if but we’re and if a relay was in there somewhere.
Do not QUOTE me on this. But the factory relay should be sufficient to run aftermarket horn. But double check the power (amp/watts) The wire running to the factory horns is 12v+ and most horns get the ground from the body.

Not to be confused with the horn switch in the steering wheel. It provides ground to the factory relay. To trigger the 12v+ to the horn.

Do you remember where you mounted your airhorn? I ordered one a month or so ago and I'm still trying to figure out a mounting spot.
Ha yes I remember finding a location was difficult. The air horn was so long it took a while to find a suitable location which ended up low on the driver's side of the engine, just above and barely out of the way of the suspension. I don't recall exactly where but in that area.

Reactions: TJFyfe
I wish I had a photo of the big chrome air horn I installed in my previous TJ. It was powered by the OBA air tank and it put out a loud deep sound like a ship or train air horn. Did I say it was loud lol?

Please stop giving me even more ideas Jerry. I've been wanting to put an air horn I liberated from a military surplus semi tractor under my hood for a number of years now.