Looking for suggestions on replacing TJ seats

If you're in Portland, go to Beaverton Auto Upholstery. Their rates are good, and they do amazing work.

@psrivats just had them re-do the foam in his XJ seats and was really happy with their work. Maybe he can post a before and after photo.

Either that or the PRP seats are very popular as well.

I just ordered a set of PRP Daily driver seats for my Jeep. They said 4 week wait time due to the kung flu and I'm about 2 weeks into the wait. I'll be sure to post lots of pictures and a review when I get them. It was a big leap to order them without sitting in them but I don't know of anyone local that had them to look at first.

Got these covers from quadratec, about 150 bucks. If your seats are in decent form, this is cheaper and quicker than new seats.
IMG_20200428_153716778_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200428_153726137_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200428_164734899_HDR.jpg

Which ones did you use? How easy was it to install?

Tec Style cloth seat covers from Quadratec, grey and black. Took less than an hour to put them on, and they fit the orig TJ seats snug. I did not want the neoprene since I've heard/read they get funky and stink, and they fade. I've only had these on for a week but so far really like them, been complimented a few times too. Another cool feature is that they have holes for the highback pull straps and the seat adjustment levers on the bottom seat. Another thing I did last year was to install some spacers to lift the driver seat a little, since my seat cushion was kinda worn/soft, and now it has me sitting just right for my height. Very happy with the seats now!

Search Facebook Marketplace. I bought a set of Corbeau Baja RS's with the TJ brackets for $300. Justed needed a little elbow grease cleaning.

Those are pics of the original 20 year old seats with the split, the covers are gray and black, the last pic!

How long have you had them? Wondering how they're feeling in the eastern NC sun and heat. What's the swamp ass factor on a scale of 1 to soaked? :D

Reactions: John Wolf
How long have you had them? Wondering how they're feeling in the eastern NC sun and heat. What's the swamp ass factor on a scale of 1 to soaked? :D
LOL, I've only had them for a little over a week but had some seat time in it yesterday with top down in mid-80s temps. They breathe well since they are cloth, so they feel similar to the stock seats. Yesterday's swamp ass factor was prly a solid 2, very little. I got these covers expressly for the humid NC summers, so will have to see how they hold up when it gets to 100dF!

Bartact seat covers. :) Of course only if it's the outer material that's coming apart. If your base foam is trash, then take it to a upholstery shop to rebuild the foam, etc.

X2 on CL or marketplace. I found a set of 03+ seats that were low mileage. $100 well spent in my opinion.

20191117_115411.jpg
20191202_083323.jpg

Reactions: John Wolf
I know the CalTrend covers are fine in the heat. At least on the few 90+* days of high humidity we had last year. Swamp factor was good. Seemed to allow plenty of air. Weave tight enough to repel water tho.