Looking for t-case shifter Linkage

Wesleyweber01

I have a 2001 Jeep TJ, pretty much fully stock (Don't Laugh lol). Recently I had troubles with it slipping out of 4high and making a grinding noise. It happened every time I tried and is a pain in the winter. I took out the shifter linkage and it's fine when i shift it manually. Due to living in Canada it's rusty and seized so I couldn't adjust it. Does anybody have advice on what I should get? Pros and cons on things like... Rebuild kit? Replacement? Cable Shifter? Thanks for the help.

Savvy cable if you have the spare change, another OEM contraption if you don't.

I can't attest to the Savvy shifter but it gets great reviews around here. I splurged a bit for the Advanced Adapters cable unit with shifter housing and I am very impressed. No comparison to the stock rusted unit the jeep had when I bought it

Having just swapped to the savvy. It is totally worth it. It really isn’t that expensive unless you’re a college kid.
Unfortunately i do happen to be a college kid. If it would last though, then its probably worth it. Does it need anything else to run it or it just uses factory shifter and stuff?

It is a super easy install. Especially if you drop the skid plate.

the hardest part was having to find a second person to hold the wrench while one person tightens the bolts on the mounting bracket.

then just adjust for the correct tension and it’s done.

It is a super easy install. Especially if you drop the skid plate.

the hardest part was having to find a second person to hold the wrench while one person tightens the bolts on the mounting bracket.

then just adjust for the correct tension and it’s done.
My 5 year old was an awesome holder

Reactions: NDSpeed

Gorilla tape, or the like, can also be used to hold the bolt heads if one is working alone.

Reactions: NDSpeed
Worth every penny to go with the Savvy shifter there are several threads on here to help with install.