Looking for track bar recommendations

Theres a company core 4x4 anyone hear of the at company they use currie johnny joints and they dont use bracket
Core uses a polyurethane split bushing on the axle side. A bonded rubber bushing is preferable. RockJock uses JJs on both ends.

they use both johnny joins one side is welded joint and they other is forged joint
That's a new feature for the tier 4.

RockJock has better bends, specifically at the frame side. And by having the adjustment on the lower axle end, the entire bar is positionable.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrDmoney
Please correct me if im wrong, on the website they only have a from for 2" and lower lift
What website?

RJ stuff is built around a 4" spring lift. But can be made to work on less. Worst case, you need to cut the threads shorter on the axle side.

I have 4" lift metal cloak/ProComp. The RC TB fit prefect. I was reluctant to get it at 1st but was recommended from a few hear plus it was in stock and shipped quick. Two yrs and no issue.

And by having the adjustment on the lower axle end, the entire bar is positionable.
The entire bar rotates within the degree of freedom given by the fixed end for both bars regardless of which end. If one joint has more travel than the other then the bar could move more, does one JJ move more than the other? The bar is going to rest on the hard limits of the fixed end regardless of which end is adjustable isn't it?

The entire bar rotates within the degree of freedom given by the fixed end for both bars regardless of which end. If one joint has more travel than the other then the bar could move more, does one JJ move more than the other? The bar is going to rest on the hard limits of the fixed end regardless of which end is adjustable isn't it?
The larger joint at the frame side has more available rotation. The axle side JJ uses a pair of wobble stopper washers to keep it oriented. And the direction the bar is being twisted is the opposite of the normal travel of the suspension.

Reactions: pagrey
Does the core arm use the same size joint at both ends? Do different size JJs have different available rotation?
If Core is using the same size on both ends, then they are using the narrow joints on both ends.

...Do different size JJs have different available rotation?
The question doesn't matter much in this context. The axle side is able to rotate 360° or whatever the mount allows. The frame side has 22° of misalignment, which is more than most can ever build into their shock travel.

Reactions: pagrey
i have a 03 wrangler, i have a 4 inch lift with stock track bar and stock pitman arm and steering. I wanna upgrade track bar, What are good brands? do i need a drop bracket and a drop pitman arm? What do i need to do it right?
I installed one of these,

Rough Country Front Forged Adjustable Track Bar for 1997-2006 Jeep TJ - 1052,​

on my 06 Wrangler X with a 6 inch lift last month. So far I'm happy with it.