Looks like the or fab tire carrier is back?

Moglocker

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
eBay,seller is or works?

IMG_4050.png

Reactions: John Cooper
I would love to have both versions (like you)so I could use the low profile when I’m home,or on trips use the duel gas can version.
I'd never go back to the version that carries 2 five gallon tanks. Despite wheeling lots in very remote areas of the southwest I never needed the extra gasoline.

Made in China if that matters..

Mine rusted like crazy when it was made in the US.

Not like it really matters, it's a coating quality issue that none of the third party manufacturers outside of the wheels industry seem to have figured out. I'd rather buy my stuff raw and paint it with rattle can most of the time, it'll last longer.

I did like that carrier for the most part though. It was fiddly to install, and it was pulling the tub seems apart slightly at the rear right. At least, it appeared to be. Could have been unrelated. When I went to 37s I switched to an LoD carrier bumper. That had it's own issues but was also mostly good.

Now I just mount the spare in the tub where it belongs, imo.

Mine rusted like crazy when it was made in the US.

Not like it really matters, it's a coating quality issue that none of the third party manufacturers outside of the wheels industry seem to have figured out. I'd rather buy my stuff raw and paint it with rattle can most of the time, it'll last longer.
I installed two ORF USA made spare tire carriers on two TJs over the past 20 years and neither of them developed any rust.