Loose Currie Currectlync Drag Link

Millertime62

Lifetime Supporting Member
Found what is loose on my jeep. It is the drag link end connecting to the steering knuckle. I have checked the torque and it is at 55 lbs. Is there a way to fix this? I have searched and only see that the drag link tie rod can be replaced. Thanks.

When you say the drag link end is loose in the steering knuckle; are there signs of wear on the TRE taper or is the steering knuckle hole wallowed out ?
IF the steering knuckle hole is wallowed out; you can stake around the hole with a pin punch to push the metal inward to tighten up the hole inside diameter.
If the above doesn't work; there are kits online that you can purchase where the steering knuckle hole is drilled out and an insert is either screwed or welded in to return the hole to the proper inside diameter.
IF the problem is with the TRE or the taper on the TRE of the drag link; then you will need to replace it.

Last edited:
Has the knuckle been drilled out for an aftermarket drag link? If so, the stock style Currectlync may not ever seat properly. The fix there would be to weld in an insert or replace the knuckle. It could possibly also be wallowed out from a previously loose drag link.

If you do replace the knuckle, consider a big brake kit, which comes with brand new knuckles.

If the joint itself is worn out, I believe you can order new ones from Currie. Savvy may also sell them. You'll probably need to call.

31q4FM0EzzL._AC_.jpg

On the drag link; only the tie rod end that attaches to the pitman arm is replaceable; other wise you need to replace the drag link.

4WD online has the drag link for $162.

4 WD

Last edited: