Lots of track bar holes

That axel is on a bench...…..not under the Jeep, big difference! :confused: You want the guy to pull and strip the axel just to weld up those holes?

Are you seriously afraid to get under your Jeep? You're doing nothing but making excuses as to why you think this won't work. If it means enough to a person, they'll get dirty or pay somebody else to do it. It is not a difficult job at all, even under the Jeep. My demonstration on the bench was simply to "let you watch" so you can see that it can in fact be done.

That axel is on a bench...…..not under the Jeep, big difference! :confused: You want the guy to pull and strip the axel just to weld up those holes?

removing the axle for access really isn’t that difficult. Remove the steering linkage, trackbar, sway bar links, lower shock bolts, brake calipers, and 4 control arm bolts. It’s out.

removing the axle for access really isn’t that difficult. Remove the steering linkage, trackbar, sway bar links, lower shock bolts, brake calipers, and 4 control arm bolts. It’s out.

I agree, easy to do. But still not necessary to complete this simple repair.

If you live where bolts just “come out”

Otherwise that is a lot of undoing.

There is plenty access with it on the Jeep. Jack the frame up to your max downtravel for more room.

If you live where bolts just “come out”

Otherwise that is a lot of undoing.

There is plenty access with it on the Jeep. Jack the frame up to your max downtravel for more room.

You don't need to on top.... I'd put my jack stands up high and have the tube right on them. Everything will be done from the bottom side.👍

Are you seriously afraid to get under your Jeep? You're doing nothing but making excuses as to why you think this won't work.
I'm not the one bragging about how easy it is, only to find out it's sitting on a bench where you can roll it around to any position you want. I have AWS 6G certs with both hands, I can weld and fabricate with the best of them. I was just pointing out your weak attempt at schooling us on weld repairs. I will put my skills up against anyone when it comes to welding and fabrication. Just sayin, nuff said!

Now now guys. Need someone to break this out?
ruler.jpg

It is a pretty open and easy job. You can sit on your butt on the ground and be pretty comfy. Don’t discourage people by talking it up to be hard.

There is some good info in here on how to go about fixing the issue, why only say it’s too hard.

If we’re gonna break out the rulers come weld in a mirror one handed in an extreme confined space. Let me know how the X-ray comes out.

Take simulated wallowed out track bar mount. Take one 1.5" x 3" flat and stick it in the slot. Mark hole for stock location. Pull back out and drill hole. Reinsert in slot and put track bar bolt through and snug nut to hold on place. Weld other hole closed. Grind flat.

View attachment 169601

View attachment 169602

View attachment 169603

View attachment 169604

View attachment 169605

View attachment 169606

View attachment 169607
Great post IMO, demoed exactly how to do it for the OP and all future folks searching for wallowed track bar hole repair. And turned out great so long as you still have room for the flag nut. Let the OP decide how much work he wants to do, this looks like a good solution. Let's not discourage useful posts where people actually demo how to do things.

Small update on this problem.

I have not "fixed it" yet. I've driven about 1000 miles and done some mild wheeling. It has not busted yet, but you guys will know when it does.

Thanks again for all of your advice, that's why I have joined this forum. Helpful people.

Last edited: