Loud boom and new banging

inkedrose

washed up superhero
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Changed plugs and fluids then went for test drive. Large boom then significant loss of power. Was able to limp it home but sounded like something was hitting metal to metal. No leaks, no smoke. Went to new iridium plugs. Going to pull plugs back out and start there. Where do I go from there?

Changed plugs and fluids then went for test drive. Large boom then significant loss of power. Was able to limp it home but sounded like something was hitting metal to metal. No leaks, no smoke. Went to new iridium plugs. Going to pull plugs back out and start there. Where do I go from there?

View attachment 389360

View attachment 389361

sure hope you didn't use a German torque wrench when you put them in !

• Haha
Reactions: BlueC
can be a pain and have to get a helicoid if it stripped the threads. have you checked them yet ? could of just blew the guts out of 1

Last edited:
So I fucked up. Looks like I clamped cover back on crooked, plug was out when I pulled it off. How much other damage might have I caused?

IMG_5259.jpg

IMG_5258.jpg

When I clamped it down it must not have been on straight? IDK, looked good before

I assume you're talking about the coil, which would not have any effect on the plug. Compare the length of the plug to one of the olds ones.

BTW that looks like a pretty hot plug. Is it the stock heat range?